JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 success with URC9911, well, for the most part. ;-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: JP1 success with URC9911, well, for the most part. ;-) Reply with quote

I've built the JP1 cable and have upgraded my remote for a Sony STR-DB1070 receiver and CDP-CX230 200 disc CD changer. The links are the upgrade text files for KM if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at them and seeing if I could have done things more efficiently or better. Smile

Now for the silly questions:

1) My URC8780 has a shift key. Why doesn't the URC9911 have one?

2) I need to create an upgrade for a Sony dual cassette deck. I have all of the codes, but there's no way there's enough buttons on the remote to do what needs to be done. The deck has a different set of codes for "Deck A" and "Deck B" and switching between them is done via remote. Not to mention two directions of play on each deck etc..
Is there a way to remap a function key based on the status of the remote? What I mean is, if I hit the key for "Deck A" and have all of the functions available, is there a way to duplicate all of those functions onto the same keys when I switch to "Deck B"?

I hope that made sense.. LOL

Last edited by GregK on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you take the URC-9911 part out of the names of your upgrades please. The files get sorted by name, so your files would get sorted under "U" rather than under "Sony".

1. The "Producer 8" type remotes, like the URC-8780, actually have TWO shift buttons. They have the official shift button, which is the one you found, and they also have the un-official shift button, which is the SETUP key. The URC-9911 only has the un-official shift button, which is it's SETUP key.

2. I would recommend that you create two seperate upgrades, one for each deck. You could then assign these upgrades to two seperate device buttons.

If you don't have a spare device button available, you could use the "Device Multiplexor" special protocol, which would allow you to program two buttons in TAPE mode to select either deck-a or deck-b.
GregK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't even realise the naming would mess up the sort order (it's early Sunday morning!) Smile

It's all fixed up, here are the revised links:

Sony STR-DB1070 receiver.
Sony CDP-CX230 200 disc changer

Thanks for the help with the shift key, that helps a lot. As for the casette deck I kind of figured that's what I'd have to do. It's not the solutuion I was hoping for, but it will suffice.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 success with URC9911, well, for the most part. ;-) Reply with quote

GregK wrote:
I need to create an upgrade for a Sony dual cassette deck. I have all of the codes, but there's no way there's enough buttons on the remote to do what needs to be done. The deck has a different set of codes for "Deck A" and "Deck B" and switching between them is done via remote.

...is there a way to duplicate all of those functions onto the same keys when I switch to "Deck B"?

I'm confused... Confused First you say "a different set of codes for 'Deck A' and 'Deck B'", then you say "is there a way to duplicate all of those functions". Do the 2 decks share the SAME function codes (i.e. Play for 'A' is the same as Play for 'B'), and you just need a way to toggle between 'A' and 'B'? If so, you should be able to just assign the toggle A/B command to an unused key.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregK wrote:
As for the casette deck I kind of figured that's what I'd have to do. It's not the solutuion I was hoping for, but it will suffice.

What's wrong with it, it seems ideal to me. If you use the Device Multiplexor, you can press the "cassette" device button, then if you want to use deck-a you might press L1 and if you want to use deck-b you might press L2. The only other option would be to get a remote with two sets of buttons, which I think you'd agree is a little impractical.

As for the slow-forward and slow-reverse, you could program those functions to the f.fwd and f.rew buttons. Just a thought.
GregK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1 success with URC9911, well, for the most part. ;-) Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:

I'm confused... Confused First you say "a different set of codes for 'Deck A' and 'Deck B'", then you say "is there a way to duplicate all of those functions". Do the 2 decks share the SAME function codes (i.e. Play for 'A' is the same as Play for 'B'), and you just need a way to toggle between 'A' and 'B'? If so, you should be able to just assign the toggle A/B command to an unused key.

To clarify, both deck A and B need the same functions, but use different codes for those functions. So what I was hoping to do was create an upgrade for Deck A and maybe be able to move the codes for Deck B to the same buttons that Deck A had for the same functions when swiching to Deck B without having to assign a different device key.

I'm reading my words over and over and although it sounds confusing it's about the best way I can explain it. Smile
GregK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

What's wrong with it, it seems ideal to me. If you use the Device Multiplexor, you can press the "cassette" device button, then if you want to use deck-a you might press L1 and if you want to use deck-b you might press L2. The only other option would be to get a remote with two sets of buttons, which I think you'd agree is a little impractical.

As for the slow-forward and slow-reverse, you could program those functions to the f.fwd and f.rew buttons. Just a thought.

I was referring to the use of two device keys.. I'll look into the multiplexor for sure. I should wake up before posting/replying here, it seems I miss a lot when half asleep. LOL

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: