JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic DVD-S53 DVD player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Panasonic DVD-S53 DVD player Reply with quote

1. Device: DVD player
2. Type of device:
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: jp1 yes, / urc=-9910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? yes
10. Learning remote question? no

Are there any codes for this model or will files in the file section (i.e. panasonic dvd-s35 etc.) work with this unit? In advance thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that most existing Panasonic files will work, but even if they don't, you have a learning remote and the original remote, so you have all the tools you need to build a new upgrade if necessary.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
you have a learning remote and the original remote, so you have all the tools you need to build a new upgrade if necessary.

Having read the RM "...build from scratch..." help file, I've become somewhat knowledgeable of the procedure. My question is based on the a fact that since I will not use "all of the OEM keys" is it necessary to program these into IR / RM?

Since I may only be reprogramming a few devices that lack buttons should I still delete ALL devices as listed in the RM "...build from scratch..." help file? My mention of this is due to the fact that my current memory is: move/macro- 0 free, Upgrade-274 free and Learned- 410 free.

Based on the remaining free memory is it wiser to utilize "Learned" free memory for the remaining buttons I want or build a new upgrade file? My goal is to save as my memory as possible via JP1 but I reckon that sooner or later numerous will take its toll. So far, I've programmed 7 devices into the URC-9910.

Again, thanks for valuable time and support.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Having read the RM "...build from scratch..." help file, I've become somewhat knowledgeable of the procedure. My question is based on the a fact that since I will not use "all of the OEM keys" is it necessary to program these into IR / RM?

In RM there is a function sheet and a button sheet. Only keys you assign to buttons will be transferred to your remote, but you should have all the functions in your function sheet.

The reason you want all the functions in your functions sheet is that when you post your upgrade in the file section here the next person to pull it down to use it will have complete documentation. And you never know YOU may be the next person to use it. I know that I didn't completely document one of my OEM remotes, and when it died it was a real pain to get that information back.

So
1) Fill out the function sheet as completely as you can.
2) Assign functions to the buttons you want to program
3) POST YOUR UPGRADE IN THE FILE SECTION for the next user.

Good Luck
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A complete upgrade for your DVD player might only use up 30 bytes of upgrade memory, whereas a single learned button might use up the same amount of learning memory. However, if you're not using the learning memory anyway, and the built in setup code is only missing 1 or 2 buttons, using learning to fill in the blanks is sometimes the best choice.

But, we would still appreciate it if you would create upgrades for each of your device that contain all of the functions (even if you don't assign them to buttons).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: