JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8810W extender3 and backlight issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitize

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: 8810W extender3 and backlight issue Reply with quote

For some reason I cannot get the backlight to work. I have the timer set for 100. Is there any other settings that I missed?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: 8810W extender3 and backlight issue Reply with quote

digitize wrote:
For some reason I cannot get the backlight to work. I have the timer set for 100. Is there any other settings that I missed?
So when you press the backlight button nothing happens? Have you tried 76 (thats the default setting). If you upload your IR.txt file to diagnostics folder I can load it into my 8810w and see if my backlight works, and look at your file for possible problems.

-Steve
digitize

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I have the file in the diagnostic area. It is called "8810w_Extender3_backlight_issue.txt". I have had the timer at 76 with no luck. The backlight button as well as the other buttons do not work at all with my configuration. I also have other 8810w with the same extender in different rooms with the same problem. Without the extender the backlight works fine.

Thanks for any assistance that can be offered to solve this issue.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the extender properly installed? You cannot do a File, New in IR and select the extender RDF, as that won't work

Is the extender activated? Press TV, Power after each and every reset of the remote. The LED should blink 4 times.
digitize

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything works fine except the backlight. So the extender is working fine...I think.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I upload your file to my remote, and press the backlight key, it flashes 4 times very fast and goes off.

i created a virgin extender file using extinstall and tried that on my 8810w and I do get the 4 flashes after activating the extender, but after that the backlight button does not work at all, the remote acts very strange and resets itself frequently to the unextended state. Maybe I have one of the 8810w's that does not work with the current version of the extender 3.1 (as you know, there is a 3-noop problem with extender 3, and on some 8810w's it does not work properly).

-Steve
digitize

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file I posted includes the fix for the NOOP problem which I managed to get from another poster. I guess I will live with the non-functioning backlight. I wish I new why your 8810w had strange behavior with my configuration. Did you look at it in IR to see if I had any silly errors. By the way thanks for your efforts in testing my configuration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: