JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250-HDC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Device: Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250-HDC: remote: RT-U64CP
2. Type of device: settop box
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OFA URC-9910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? yes
10. Learning remote question? no

The original codes for the urc-9910 (0877) work but a few buttons on the origial remote (RT-U64CP) are not in the 0877 codes. Upgrade codes for the SA-4250-HDC are not in the files section; only for the 4200; is this one better than the 0877 codes and/or will someone write a code for the 4250-HDC?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the upgrade that you mention? If so, what were your results?
If the upgrade and/or the CBL/0877 code that you're using aren't a perfect match for your STB, what's stopping you from using your JP1 learning remote to capture the signals from your OEM remote and using that data to either fix the upgrade that you found or build a new one?
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If the upgrade and/or the CBL/0877 code that you're using aren't a perfect match for your STB, what's stopping you from using your JP1 learning remote to capture the signals from your OEM remote and using that data to either fix the upgrade that you found or build a new one?

I'm new to upgrade files; use IR to make backups of current configurations. I used the 8240HDC upgrade file; it increments more buttons vs default 0877 code! My Move/Macro memory is now 0 due to other device key moves etc but has 477 learning free. I thought about upgrading the remote to the URC Digital R50 but I don't think it's PC configurable Crying or Very sad

You mentioned learning via JP1; the only method I've used for learning is by placing both remotes face to face. Is this what you mean? If JP1 learning is preferred (as I think it saves memory) this is what I'd like to learn.

Thanks for your support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're very new to JP1, so you should read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help

And yes, "learning" is the process where you put the two remotes "head to head".

If you were to modify the upgrade that you downloaded so that it includes all of the buttons that your STB uses, you could eliminate most (or maybe all) of the keymoves that you are currently using for it. If you follow the same approach for any other devices for which you are using keymoves, you will free up even more keymove memory.

There are 3 separate banks in your remote. The first is shared by keymoves and macros, the second is just for learned signals and the third is for JP1 upgrades. There is more upgrade memory than you are likely to ever need, so this is by far the most efficient memory bank to use. You have no choice but to use the first memory bank for macros, so it's a good idea to limit the number of keymoves as much as possible. The best way to do this is to create upgrades, but upgrades cannot cover every button on the remote, so some buttons will need either keymoves or learned signals. If you still have the original remote for a device, you can eliminate keymoves by learning buttons instead.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you can't eliminate the keymoves, creating a KM or RM sheet for all your functions is a good thing to do. Even if you don't assign all the functions, you'll have documentation that will help you/or other users, should your OEM remote self-destruct.

When you get your upgrade working make sure to post it in the files section so that it will be there for everyone to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: