JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS-2116/ wont power up sony cd CE-315

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heyjack8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: RS-2116/ wont power up sony cd CE-315 Reply with quote

trying to program device key on RS-2116 has the key for a cd player but for some reason the code i have isnt working..tried both codes listed on the site...0000 & 0185 these are the only codes listed for this device..any suggestions.... thanks heyjack8
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that the POWER code isn't working (as implied by the subject line), or are you saying that you tried assigning that code to the device key itself and that isn't working, or are you saying that you can't find a built in code to work the player?

If it's the latter, are you just testing the POWER button and nothing else? If so, this could be your problem because most Sony CD players don't have a remote controlled power function, they just have a push button.

At any rate, you're posting this in a JP1 forum, which implies that you have a JP1 cable, so why don't you just learn the functions from your original Sony CD remote and see what the codes are?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a PM heyjack8 wrote:
Rob,

Your are absolutely right about the power button... my mistake grabbed the wrong remote....thats why I'm trying to warehouse all the freakin remotes in my house and get this 2116 working.... Also like I metioned in my post the codes that I have entered do not / will not work. None of the fuction keys do anything......The 2116 sez that I should be able to run a CD player but I can't seem to figure it out....Yes I did buy a JP1 cable and I did use it with the help of someone on this site who was very nice and sent me the code /protocol whatever you call it and I managed to figure out how to download it to my remote using IRexe. However you must remember I don't have a degree in electronics or much of this jargon all you guys throw around in here...( just learning here ) Are you saying that I should do a learning step from that remote...? on all of the fuction keys..?
I suppose I could after all theres not that many keys to contend with...By the way if it's not possible well so be it I'll just use the remote that came with the system. I just thought it would be cool if all my electronic devices could be operated with this slick little remote....also while i've got your attention do you know if you can run a Bose Wave Radio on a RS-2116..?
Thanks for your reply: heyjack8

If the JP1 stuff is new and confusing, you should start out by reading some of the beginner documentation.

At any rate, could you please learn as many buttons as you can using your 15-2116 and then, when the memory is full, download the contents using IR.exe and post the file in the Diagnosis Area.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: