JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help moving custom protocol from 1994 to 10820

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elorimer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Need help moving custom protocol from 1994 to 10820 Reply with quote

I'm in the process of moving over the setup I have for my 15-1994 to a URC-10820. One of the device upgrades I have is for my Maxent TV, which uses a combination of Emerson and Sampo codes. I've used the upgrade here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1141

When I open the file in RM (1.87b), it opens with 15-1994 as the remote, using a manual protocol upgrade id of 01 65, listed as Sampo. (The device upgrade is 1755). When I switch the remote to the 10820, I get a message that that that protocol is not compatible with the remote and I should switch protocols. I'm assuming that is because of the different processors and also because the 10820 already has the necessary protocol. But I can't find a Sampo protocol in the list to substitute, so I'm not clear on how to change the upgrade over to the 10820.

The 10820 already has a Maxent code of 1755 built in, but I don't know how to find the discrete codes I want for selecting the TV inputs if they are in the built-in code, thus the upgrade.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built-in code for the 10820 TV/1755 uses the following:

Protocol ID 00 65
Dev 1 63
Dev 2 45
Dev 3 63
Dev 4 63

Fixed data should be 02 4B 00 00

This is labeled the Emerson Combo protocol in the tools.

If this code TV/1755 works for you you should be able to add the discretes by using a hex value or an EFC in a keymove using that setup code. Or you can build a complete upgrade using that protocol and the codes that you already have for the EFC or hex values.
elorimer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I used the 4-device Emerson Combo and built a simple upgrade for just the discrete inputs. I got fixed data of 00 4B 00 00 though, and the input keys don't function correctly, so I have to fiddle some more with that.

The part I'm missing is how I would land on the right protocol. By way of example, if I learn the keys to a learning remote and look at them in IR, they will appear as Sampo protocol, Device 45:10. (Many of the keys will decode as Emerson 63). In the posted upgrade for 1755, in the upgrade notes it says protocol 01 65 (Sampo). But Sampo protocol isn't in the list for the 10820. So how would I go about making the link from what IR sees as the Sampo protocol to the Emerson 4-device Combo as opposed to, say, the Emerson 3-device Combo?

I haven't run into this before with my older RS remotes--the tools did all the heavy lifting--but I'd like to develop my knowledge here
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I can suggest is that you learn all the buttons in question and load up your IR file for us to look at. The decode process is not an exact science, so sometimes two signals can decode as using different protocols when in fact they both use the same one, but I can't tell if that's the case here without seeing the learns themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: