JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR Codes for Cisco RNG200
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msprandel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: IR Codes for Cisco RNG200 Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have been trying for quite some time now to get my Slingbox Pro HD to work with a Comcast supplied Cisco RNG200 / SA Explorer 8500 DVR. While I have been able to get the basic functions to work, i cannot control any of the DVR or other extended functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got the basic functions to work, you have made good progress. Please post your RM file and I'll see if I can expand it for you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an untested PL file for the Cisco:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6207
msprandel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Robman,

thanks you so much for the file, I will test it asap. My initital post was probably a bit misleading. I just used a custom code in the setup options, so I do not actually have an RM file i could send. Thanks again.

Martin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide more details about the custom code that you used please. I am trying to help the guys at Slingbox get this box working, and they're not aware of any code that even partially works.
msprandel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code i have been using is C1982, but the basic functions also worked for me when using manufacturer Comcast and model other and then selecting 8 from the drop down list. I tried the file you posted last night and for some reason, it did not work at all - meaning none of the remote buttons had actually any effect on the box. I loaded the file by putting it into the SBAV folder of my player install (V2.0) and then entering C2000 into the Custom code field.

I am not a hundred percent sure about the last two digits of C1982 and I have no way of checking from the office. I'll verify it as soon as I get home and update the post.

just found the post on avsforum.com i got the code from
(http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14612563)
made by mmatheny:

Quote:
Someone posted that the old remote will not work with the new RNG200 box. Well, here's the scoop. The new remote would not operate all functions of my Samsung TV - mainly the OK button, which needs to work to be able to do anything. So I checked the codes stored on both the old and new remotes for the cable box. The old remote had 01877, the new was 01982. So, I programmed the Cable button on the old remote with the new code, 01982. Viola, it now worked the RNG200! However, I later found out that the Exit button would not work with the new DVR (Bummer -- why did they screw up the codes between remotes - now I cannot use the remote with my TV!) Oh well, can't seem to win for losing with Comcast! Good thing is that there is a JP1 connector on the remote, so maybe I can straighten out the codes. (http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/)

Please note, the remote is a JP1.2/3 and if you want to tinker, you will need to order the JP1.2/3 cable ($17.99 shipped)

since I would get invalid code when entering 01982, i tried replacing the 0 with a C and voila it accepted it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the PL file to reflect the data in the CBL/1982 code:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6207
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the RM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6232
msprandel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Robman,

I will install and test the files later today.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that file doesn't work, here's a different experiment:

RM;
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6236

PL BIN:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6237
msprandel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robman,

just tried the last file you sent and I was finally able to get the box to record Smile A major breakthrough. some of the mapped buttons do not seem to do anything, but maybe that is because they only work in a certain context. If you want me to, I can compile a list with the functions that are currently working and their mapping on the SlingRemote. Thanks for your efforts!

Martin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please
SilentRick72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Cisco RNG200 & SlingBox Pro HD Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been covered to death and if this post is rather wordy. But I have been trying to follow the discussion on this topic and have gotten some items to work but am not sure what code or files I should be using.

First I figured I would point out an issue that had me thinking none of the codes were working. The IR sensor on this cablebox/dvr is set back and angled down behind the word select. If you don't place your IR blasters over this exact spot it won't work.

C2000 got me initially working but was missing some items so I searched some more and found the built-in C1982 was recommended over a custom PL version when using the Pro HD.

I have switched to the built-in C1982 but am finding that it really could use some tweaking to have some of the keys/buttons that are missing or named Custom01, etc to what their function really is.

I am new to this topic and have been trying to fgure out whether I have the ability to reconfigure the built-in C1982 to address these items or if someone else has already done the work. Or if someone needs further info from a user like me to pinpoint what works and what doesn't.

From what I have found so far the mappings I am referring to are:
C1982:
PIP Toggle: Custom01
A key: Custom10
B Key: Custom11
C Key: Custom12

Items I could not find include MyDVR, but I am sure there are others.

Am I on the right track or has an updated or official support been developed for this device?
SilentRick72

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Update to my question above Reply with quote

I have done some more work and have documented what works and what maps to the Custom items. I am happy with the setup and can live with this until a better solution comes along.

Slingbox Pro HD & Cisco RNG200 DVR working settings.

During SlingPlayer Setup Assistant:Select for device type: Cable Box, other, custom code - C1982

Here are the mappings I have figured out so far that have no exact name match.

DVR remote: Sling remote

PIP Toggle: Custom01
PIP Swap: Custom04
PIP Pos: Custom05
PIP Ch+: Custom07
PIP Ch-: Custom08
A key: Custom10
B Key: Custom11
C Key: Custom12
List: Settings
Power: Power on/off

Unmapped DVR remote items:
MyDVR - functionaly same as List? Just use Settings(List).

Unusable Sling remote items:
Power on
Power off
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C1982 code is resident in the ROM of the RV box and can't be adjusted, though I may be able to track down some button codes based on the info you posted.

However, if you were to try testing one of the upgrades that I posted back in February and tell me which one (if any) works and what buttons do what within that upgrade, then I can tweak it to do what you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: