JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

advanced button codes for Pioneer receiver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dethbunny wrote:
So, what would be the way to go from learned codes to defined codes and a custom device entry?

Ask Rob?

I always work by the rule "When all else fails, read the manual.", but Rob may be a bit less tollerant than I am about people who don't try the documentation a little earlier in the sequence.

Please read the Pioneer section of the file keymap-master-protocols.txt.

I know it is a bit out of date, but I think you know enough to extrapolate most of it forward to current practice. After that fails to answer your questions, THEN ask Rob.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer uses a strange mix of signals in their remotes. Their basic signal is just a 40khz version of a standard one device NEC2 signal (NEC is 38khz). However, they often mix device codes and command codes in a single signal.

For example, a normal one device NEC2 signal (when it repeats) looks like this:

dev, cmd; dev, cmd; etc

Whereas a Pioneer signal might look something like this...

dev1, cmd1; dev2, cmd2; etc

When you look at such a signal in IR, you will see two entries.

In order to know which is the right UEI protocol for your device, you would have to compile a list of all the device codes and command codes used.

If the device code is constant throughout all of them, but some signals use 2 different command codes, you need the "Pioneer 2CMD" protocol.

If all of the signals are simple format (ie, one device code and one command code), but your device uses up to three different device codes, you need the "Pioneer 3DEV" protocol.

If your device uses up to three different device codes (as above) AND some of the signals are in the 2CMD format, you can still use the 3DEV protocol, but be warned that some signals might not work (too complicated to explain why).

That leaves the "Pioneer DVD" and "Pioneer MIX" protocols.

If the device in question is a Pioneer DVD player and some of the signals are simple format with device code 163, while others are 2 part where the first part is device code 163 with OBC 153, and the second part is device code 175 with a variable OBC, then you need the "Pioneer DVD" protocol.

If you try the DVD protocol and it doesn't work properly, or if you have any other Pioneer device where the device code in the first part of the 2-part signals is contant, and no more than 2 different OBCs are used (for the first part), you should use the "Pioneer MIX" protocol.

Much of what I have just said is a repeat of information already written up in the keymap-master-protocols.txt file that accompanies KM and is also displayed in the "Help" sheet in KM. You should consult this file to see how to format the byte2 column for whichever protocol you select.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: