JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for discretes for Panasonic plasma TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Looking for discretes for Panasonic plasma TV Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to try some of the discrete codes in the file section with my Pronto. So far I just learned the codes from the original remotes into the Pronto.

There I have two questions:

How do I get the codes from here, that is RMDU or text - format (eg codes given in OBC, main and sub device number, protocol, ... ) in a pronto remote code format?

I have loaded some device upgrade files with RM and I always get errors. For example "The upgrade file you are loading is for the remote URC 7560 OFA".... Since I dont have such a remote, is there a way to use these codes anyway in my Pronto ? eg by just copying somehow the data such as EFC?

(Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did not find any thread that explains how to do this.)

Many thanks
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There're threads aplenty on this forum. Look for a program called "MakeHex"; you can use it to generate a range of Pronto codes and then select the ones you want. Then use the Philips software appropriate to your Pronto.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make hex
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: How to get codes from here to Philips Pronto Reply with quote

clara1994 wrote:
codes given in OBC, main and sub device number, protocol

OBC in the JP1 world is the same thing as "function" number in MakeHex and related programs. With protocol, device and subdevice MakeHex can generate a full set of signals. Use the function numbers to select the ones you want from that set.

Quote:
Since I dont have such a remote, is there a way to use these codes anyway in my Pronto ? eg by just copying somehow the data such as EFC?

You don't need to have the right model remote in order to look at the setup and functions sheet of RM and see protocol, device, subdevice and OBC. Forget about EFC, it is just for OFA and related remotes, not for Prontos etc.

If you want a few functions in Pronto Hex from one set of protocol, device and subdevice you can pull the Makehex output from the generated .hex file with a text editor.

If you want many functions in Pronto Hex from one set of protocol, device and subdevice you should use either IrPanels or Hex2ccf to convert the .hex file generated by MakeHex into a ccf file with 256 numbered buttons (numbered with OBC number of each signal). Then merge that ccf into your own config and test the numbered buttons and then alias proper buttons to them.
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.

I tried all codes to find the dicrete input of my Panasonic PV500E.

But non worked. To be sure that the parameters are correct I tried the aspect code OBC 222. That was OK.

So I guess there is no discrete code for my Panasonic.

But at least I have an idea now on how to convert codes.

Thanks again for the quick help!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonic usually makes that harder. A few of the signals, such as discrete input select, are often in a different subdevice from the bulk of the codes.

What is the protocol, device, and subdevice you used? Maybe someone already discovered the subdevice and OBC for discrete input select for related models.
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned several buttons.

Protocol is always Panasonic with device 128

Subdevice is 0 or 4

Therefore I thought the codes I found :176, 177, 124,125 would work on Subdevice 4 - but no luck!

Probably there is no descrete code after all?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clara1994 wrote:
Protocol is always Panasonic with device 128

That tells us that your "Panasonic PV500E" is a TV set, did you look at the upgrades for other Panasonic TV sets?
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is what I have done, these discrete codes are from the files I found.

Unfortunately, but they dont work for my Plasma TV

I guess I just have to try all 255 codes when I have time....
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonics commonly use 128, subdevice 0 for the basic TV functions and subdevices 2, 4 or 9 for other functions. You can get an idea from the various upgrades in the File Section. My Panasonic TV doesn't have discrete on/off or inputs or anything.
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To simplify the search for codes...

is there an easier way than programming the remote with a set of about 15 codes and then try them?

eg. can one have the remote try codes from x to y automatically, similar to the search for the power button?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If discretes exist, I expect they'll use the same OBCs as other Panasonic devices, so before trying all 256 OBCs for a particular sub-device, I would recommend trying the known ON/OFF OBCs under different sub-device codes.

To answer your other question, the easiest way to test for discretes is to create dummy upgrades with the test codes assigned to buttons, there is no other easier way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: