JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learned Keys tab?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexar442

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Learned Keys tab? Reply with quote

I learned a couple of signals with a new 9800B01, and used JP1 to Download from remote. Using IR.exe I do not see the "Learned Keys" tab, and am wondering how to find the codes for the learned signals (which work just fine). (I do have decodeIR.dll in IR.exe's folder.)

Status screen shows Learned as N/A.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The P-8's generally use a 740 Mits chip with an eeprom. That's what IR communicates with. However, in the P-8, it uses another mcu and seperate eeprom for the learning, which IR doesn't communicate with. There's a PCB hack via a "stereo interface" that allows IR to examine the contents of that second (learning) eeprom. Without the hack, IR reports just as you saw, N/A for learning. If you feel like doing some soldering, etc. and really want to see what's on that second eeprom, there's a file in the old Yahoo group that shows how to do the hack.

Jim
lexar442

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh Darn no, alas!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gosh Darn no, alas!

Well, then, have you considered buying one of the cheaper learning JP1 remotes from Radio Shack, WalMart or eBay? You could still use the results on your 9800, and then you'd have a JP1 remote to play with while the 9800 is busy doing "normal" tasks...
lexar442

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only bought the 9800 because I thought I'd be able to take the learned IR and get it to my 8090. Bummer that that cannot happen. Boss has ProntoNEO, and I am going that long tedious route to teach the 8090 how to control an Onkyo NC-500 NetTune Receiver via its .ncf file of learned signals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: