JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help setting up a Comcast M1067B3 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Regarding question #3, you are assuming that the information for the missing buttons is contained in your IR file, which is not true.

No, that was is a miscommunication. I was intending to get the "working" sound system functions (volume & mute) from the IR file, so I could add them to the Toshiba DVD upgrade and put this combination in the Comcast AUX. Later when the the unknown Sony input/source functions became available I would add them to this same upgrade. But, I no longer need to do that because . . .

Your suggestion of putting the Sony code for volume and mute in the hidden dev3 button and pointing the VPT to it, worked. So, this let me use AUX for the DVD. Assuming there was no use/need for the original dev3 code, I now have everything working the way I want except for the original objective -- the three Sony input/source functions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tennessee titan wrote:
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but no one has told Jim that to use the fourth device (dev3), you push SETUP, then AUX, and you are controlling the 4th device.

Pressing SETUP then AUX would execute whatever function has been assigned to shift-AUX, so unless he programs a macro to the shifted AUX button, it won't select DEV3. Unless there's some special functionality in the 1067 that I don't know about.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thayt is the way my 1067BC3 works. I programmed a fourth device to dev3, and do a shift/dev 3 to control it
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting that if you look in the macros tab in IR you will find a macro assigned to shift-AUX where the only step in it is dev3.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo......

Get in here Vicki. You know this remote!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a hidden feature that I didn't know about then.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Sony upgrade works like you said, including the discrete power on & off.

I have to assign the audio system to the invisible dev3 position so I don't have direct access to the buttons/functions. So, what I hoped to do was add the following functions to the Toshiba D-R400 DVD-R.rmdu upgrade.

DVD, TV & SAT to #1, 2 & 3 in that order.

Assign the INPUT +/- to the Channel +/- like you have it in the "Sony HTCT100 (Sound Bar w/Sub-Woofer)" upgrade.

I can then assign this combined DVD/Sony INPUT upgrade to the Comcast AUX button and have everything I need.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I don't have your current IR file, I took your old one and added both the Sony and Toshiba to it. Then I programmed keymoves to program the 1,2,3,CH+ and CH- buttons in AUX mode as you requested.

I also programmed a macro to the "A" button which basically converts it into a "dev3" device button, so you can use it if you ever need more complete control over the Sony. However, thinking that you might need the A button to serve it's normal purpose in CBL mode, I programmed a keymove to override the macro in CBL mode.

Here's the IR file, try it out...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6113
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to do everything I want (and more). Thank you so much for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: