JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Master Documentation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonio-c

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Remote Master Documentation Reply with quote

I have just installed IR v4.01 and Remote Master v0.81 and am waiting receipt of a JP1 cable to work on my URC 8811 remote. I have found out how to use IR by reading JP1 for Beginners, v1.1 but I have not found any documentation on how to use Remote Master.

Is such documentation available?

I have a Sony Trinitron FD Wega TV, a Sony SLV-D300P DVD/VCR Combo, and a General Insturment Cable Box. I can operate all of the functions of the cable box, many of the functions of the TV and NONE of the functions of the DVD/VCR using any of the device codes listed for Sony DVD's or VCR's.

I have not yet played around with discrete codes or learning with the 8811 although I have experimented with my URC 7800 Cinema 7 remote. But so far the DVD/VCR Combo eludes me until I get / develop a device code for it.

If there is any information on the DVD//VCR combo or the Sony Wega TV already in these forums I haven't located it yet and would appreciate a pointer inthe right direction.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Remote Master Documentation Reply with quote

antonio-c wrote:
...NONE of the functions of the DVD/VCR using any of the device codes listed for Sony DVD's or VCR's.

If there is any information on the DVD//VCR combo or the Sony Wega TV already in these forums I haven't located it yet and would appreciate a pointer inthe right direction.
There are many device upgrade files over in the Yahoo JP1 group files area. This one looks promising. It's a KM file, so you'll have to use the Import function in RM, or use KM itself if you have Excel. Even if you don't see your exact model listed, you should take a look at anything that looks similar. You can peruse these files while waiting for your JP1 cable to arrive. (You'll have to join the Yahoo group in order to gain access to the files.)
antonio-c wrote:
II have found out how to use IR by reading JP1 for Beginners, v1.1 but I have not found any documentation on how to use Remote Master. Is such documentation available?
RM is a work-in-progress, and as such, there is no documentation (other than the readme file) available yet. But you can always ask questions here... Wink
antonio-c

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

I am a member of the Yahoo group and I have downloaded the Sony DVD/VCR combo file. I am able to import it into Remote Master so I can probably do some work on it.

I also plan to save the original 8811 configureation with IR, then use the 8811 learning function to get the descrete codes from the DVD/VCR original remote, bring them up in IR and use this info to build a final cinfiguration for the 8811.

Since I can always restore the 881 to its original state I have no problem with experimanting until I get what I want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: