JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Pro-HD and DirecTv HR-20/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuke12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, may I ask a dumb noob question?

Where does this Russound protocol come from? I ask this because I don't see it listed in KM or RM and how do you translate the learned info into something that is useable in RM to build a bin or upgrade file.

Am I asking something that is not easily explained? Sorry, I don't mean to put the thread off topic.
masterdeals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello power-users Smile

I was one of the many who used the S1378 file created here for the AV1/AV2 setting on the HR20/HR21 DirecTV box for slinbox. It worked great, until I upgraded to the Slingbox pro HD - just like others in this thread.

I don't understand much about the JP1 stuff, other than you use the info to create the data file for the slingbox.

The new slingbox must change something in how it processes the IR file, because the S1378 file that worked with all the others doesn't now.

I do know stuff about the DirecTV box and remote. The alternate codeset in the HR20/HR21 is called av1/av2, but really is just an alternate code set. The DirecTV remote is programmed for 00003 for the alternate codeset for the HR20/HR21 (not 00002 - which is for the non-dvr or sd-dvr boxes).

I do not understand much more than that, but really want my new slingbox to work with both of my HR20 DirecTV boxes again Smile

Gentelman, I have an extra remote I can mail someone if you promise it will help Smile

More important, if anyone can setup a file that works for the slingbox hd-pro for my second HR20, I'll happily buy that individual a nice steak dinner (via gift card since you probably don't live by me).

Please let me know if I can help in this challenge, it would mean a lot to me and many other DirecTV power-users to have this file work again Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuke12 wrote:
Where does this Russound protocol come from? I ask this because I don't see it listed in KM or RM and how do you translate the learned info into something that is useable in RM to build a bin or upgrade file.

I have no idea where "Russound" comes from, but these signals are DirecTV signals, so that's what you would select in KM/RM. I don't know if the device codes and OBCs match up between Russound and DirecTV as I haven't had any time to learn the signals and compare and nobody has posted the learns that I requested, so it looks like I'll have to do it (but it might take a few weeks).
masterdeals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, sure would appreciate any help you can provide when you have a chance Smile
Kevin Timmerman
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirecTV code 00003 power button

Decodes as Russound device 2
masterdeals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my offer above, I guess I'm buying MYSELF a steak dinner Smile Tonight there is a solution for us HR2x Slingbox-Pro-HD users:

Well, it's been two weeks since I could control my second HR20 due to the new slingobox pro-hd changing the IR remote control chipset.

The bad news is that there is still no driver, including from the guys that made the original S1378 substitute file.

The good news is that DirecTV is working on a new feature for the HR2x software, that will actually work as a workaround for us Slingbox users.

The slingbox software supports remote code 00001 & 00002, using the HR21 for the first, and the D10 (remote code 2) for the second. The D10 code uses the same DirecTV remote control, and has all the buttons mapped (despite being listed for a non-dvr box).

If you have a Slingbox Pro-HD, or any slingobx and don't want to download a custom code, you'll eventually be able to do it.

Right now, however, this feature is part of a beta test known as the Cutting Edge program. If you are interested in it, check out this thread / forum at Satelliteguys (you have to be a registered member to view this area - as it is kinda private, hidden from non-members).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-cutting-edge-ce-discussion-forum
or if you need to join first:
http://www.satelliteguys.us

After joining / entering this area, read my FYI thread, and then the latest thread about the HR2x receivers (always stickied at the top, but it changes each week). Keep in mind, you are joining a beta software program, there are risks, and no guarantees. But hey, that's how new features get made!

I confirmed an hour ago that after downloading the CE software (only available at limited times), and setting my second receiver to advanced setup - remote code 2, I can control the slingbox pro-hd again!
eterna1venom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me ask this...Will the Jp1 remotes work fine with the new sling box pro hd or is the sling box pro hd giving problems with all kinds of learning remotes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eterna1venom wrote:
So let me ask this...Will the Jp1 remotes work fine with the new sling box pro hd or is the sling box pro hd giving problems with all kinds of learning remotes.

I really don't understand the question, it sounds like you're responding to something that you've read but I don't know what, and I don't know if it's buried in this DirecTV thread somewhere.

What relationship do you think a Slingbox has with a JP1 remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: