JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 8811 and Pioneer VSXD508 (nearly identical to VSXD608)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ommoran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: OFA 8811 and Pioneer VSXD508 (nearly identical to VSXD608) Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I have had an OFA 8811 for several years, and really like the remote. Sturdy, controls everything I want, but now I want to make things a little bit simpler in my house.

The problem is that I wish to add some discrete codes and some advanced codes, specifically discrete power and discrete selection of the input. I have the room to map these, as I only have one macro and have only got one learned key from my VCR.

The difficulty I have is that in order to properly use these keys, I need to set AUX as a second Receiver/Amp (which I have done) and then set device code 013 to the AUX, which is a device code that was not included in the remote control.

My eyes have gone buggy Surprised trying to figure this out, so I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction. As I understand it, without AMP0013 on-board, I am SOL except for programming this via JP1, is that correct?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the instructions that you found call for audio/0013, that means you need an upgrade that uses the Pioneer protocol with a device code of 165, so I'm guessing that you're trying to program a Pioneer receiver. I can confirm that audio/0013 is not in the URC-8811, so you would need to use JP1 to achieve your goals.

The good news is that if you do go the JP1 route, you can do this properly without messing around with a 2nd receiver button and an old AMP code.
ommoran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The good news is that if you do go the JP1 route, you can do this properly without messing around with a 2nd receiver button and an old AMP code.

Thanks. Now I've just got to buy a JP1 card. Or upgrade to a kameleon, I suppose. I've always liked them, but this unit works so incredibly well. I wish I could just put the darned discrete codes in and be done with it. Can they be learned?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a "JP1 card"?

The URC-8811 is a learning remote, so sure, you could learn the discrete codes, the trick is finding a remote to learn them from.

How would "upgrading" to a Kameleon help?
ommoran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What's a "JP1 card"?

Sorry - I meant cable. Embarassed To plug my computer into my remote.

Quote:
The URC-8811 is a learning remote, so sure, you could learn the discrete codes, the trick is finding a remote to learn them from.

How would "upgrading" to a Kameleon help?

From what I can see it includes the code im looking for onboard, and i always liked the way they functioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: