JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for discrete codes for Samsung LN32A650 tv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gah650

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Looking for discrete codes for Samsung LN32A650 tv Reply with quote

Hello,

I hope this is an appropriate question for this thread.

I'm trying to find/program the discrete codes for the Radio Shack 15-100.

I want to be able to use a macro that would change the hdmi inputs on my samsung tv.

is there a way to do this without having to add any external components to the remote; i.e. can it be programmed using the remote itself without connecting to a computer?

Thanks,

George
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try downloading any Samsung TV upgrades that we have in the file section and see if discrete input codes are included. If you find such a file, post a link to it and I'll tell you if there's a similar code in your 15-100.
gah650

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: discrete codes for samsung tv Reply with quote

Rob,

Thank you very much for the response. I found the following files:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/chip-manuals/S3C8-data-sheet.pdf

http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/chip-manuals/S3C8-instruction-set.pdf

however, neither mention discrete codes; i hope i was looking at the files you meant me to.

That said, after some hunting, I found the following thread that seems to imply that there are at least discrete codes for hdmi 1 and 2:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/complete/thread.cgi?2158

Finally, I found the following thread that seems to list a ton of discrete codes:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?keywords=2792&highlight=samsung

My question is, how do I get these codes programmed into the Radio Shack 15-100?

Thank you again for your help.

best,

George
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how you managed to find the data sheets for the MCU that's in some of these remotes and think they would contain discrete codes, I was hoping that you'd look in the file section where we keep the upgrades files. Specifically, I was hoping that you would look through the Samsung upgrades in the TV folder (and there are over 40 to look through).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=23&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=265
gah650

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - sorry for the confusion.

Here's the file I found for my tv:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6022

I also did find that you can test codes on the 15-100 by pressing the mode button, then the "p" button (don't hold, just press), then pressing a 5 digit code (add two zeroes to the three digits below).

I've found a few that work:

061 component 2
067 source input
083 AV2 input
188 AV1 input
192 S-Video 1 input
204 16:9 aspect ratio
253 Off

I suppose I can go through all of them to test, but I have to believe there's a list somewhere. Then I have to figure out how to program the keys.

thanks again.

George[/list]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To program these codes permanently, follow the instructions for KEYMOVER, however instead of selecting a "FROM KEY", press P and then type in the 5 digit code.

If there are additional discretes that you want, but are not included in that file, you can look in some of the other files too, just verify that they use the NECx2 protocol with a device code of 7 and a sub-device code of 7 (the sub-device may be left blank).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complete list is the file you found. You need to install Remote Master (RM) from the the Tools section as well as the RDF's, Maps and Images to view it. You'll find the following discrete codes in that file.

Code:
select HDMI 1   081
select HDMI 2   030
select HDMI 3   175
select component 1   190
select component 2   061
select PC   073
select AV 1   192
select AV 2   080
DiscreteOn      001
DiscreteOff   253
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
AV1        00188
AV2        00083
Component1 00190
Component2 00061
SVideo1    00192
SVideo2    00080
PC         00073
HDMI1      00081
HDMI2      00030
HDMI3/DVI  00175
Tuner      00251

gah650

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much.

I finally got it. Had to do a work around, because the key mover just wasn't taking. So - in case there's anyone else in my position - here's how I got it to work.

1. Learn the samsung source button to the tv/vcr button on the 15-100 in TV mode
2. erase the macro on the m1 key
3. program the macro on the m1 in the following order:
a. select tv mode
b. press tv/vcr (which, as above is now the "source" button from the samsung remote).
c. press tv mode twice
d. press p
e. enter the discrete code for the hdmi input needed (00081 for hdmi 1, etc).
f. press the mode key you want to control for the selected hdmi input (for me, hdmi 1 = cbl; hdmi 2 = dvd; hdm1i 3 = apple tv).

the key to getting it to work for me was adding in step 3b (i.e. advancing the source). I'm not sure why this works, but the tv doesn't seem to recognize the discrete codes unless the source is changed first.

certainly, there's a more elegant way to do this using key mover, and avoiding the source button, but - as i said - i couldn't get it to take after several hours of trying. so...this will have to do.

again, thank you so much for the assistance.

George
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: