JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete codes for Pioneer receiver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, and the only way to find that out is to provide some samples of working commands. I follow, and I appreciate the information and extra effort. Smile
clemon79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one more thing I did find: audio/1384 allows the volume to be controlled and muted, but that's it. That's the only of the six codes that has any kind of effect on the turned-on unit that I could see.

At all helpful?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tells me that the volume buttons use the Pioneer protocol with device code 166 (OBCs 10,11,30). That matches the following upgrade:

Pioneer XV D313 Home Theatre:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5277
clemon79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thank you again!

Does this have discretes / would there be a way to extrapolate what the discretes would be?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, take a look. If you determine that this upgrade is largely correct for your device, we'll make an educated guess as to what the discretes might be.

If it does mostly work, please carefully list which buttons work, which do nothing, and which do something other than what they're supposed to do, then I'll use that info to build an upgrade for this device itself.
clemon79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: it works! All I'm seeing is the "Standby/On" function, though, which is a power toggle.

So here's the original remote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fredsmythe/3133350817/

The keys on it are of three types: the ones specific to Xbox 360, the ones specific to the Pioneer stereo, and the TV Control ones in the lower left corner, which are programmable (but not learnable) through a fairly simple universal-remote system. (For example, with my Philips, everything works but the Input button.) The Xbox 360 ones all come from the Universal Media Remote, which I know is on the site because I got it way back when I first got the Xbox in 1996. Smile

The ones in the top half (the colored Y/X/A/B buttons and above) are all Xbox Media Remote controls, with the exception of three:

Receiver power toggle: Standby / On in the VCR/1525
Volume Up / Down: Volume Up / Down from Audio/1384. (VCR/1525 upgrade did NOT work.)
(Mute from Audio/1384 also works, even though there is no button on the original remote for that.)

Bottom half: Record and Display are both also Xbox Media Remote buttons. The TV Control block I covered above. The rest are specific to the receiver, and I'm noticing some of them are working from Audio/1384 and some are working from VCR/1525. Here are the ones I can get functionality from:

Working from Audio/1384 (I have to give this in terms of what's automatically mapping to my 6131):

Up/Down/Left/Right on 6131: Tune+/Tune-/St-/St+
Select = Surround

Working from VCR/1525 upgrade (in form of Function From Upgrade = Button On Original Remote):

Sleep = Sleep
Enter = Enter
DSP = Advanced
Test Tone = Tone

That's all I've got. Not seeing any other functionality otherwise. But it's a start and I would be happy to test out anything else you want me to.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemon79 wrote:
Volume Up / Down: Volume Up / Down from Audio/1384. (VCR/1525 upgrade did NOT work.)

Before I dig into this any further, let's sort this one out. The reason I selected that upgrade was because it uses the same codes for the volume buttons as audio/1384, but a different code for the POWER button. So if you are saying that the volume buttons work on the 1384 code but not the upgrade, you must be doing something wrong. What are your VPT settings?

Now, back to the POWER buttons, if the standby button in the upgrade works, and it's OBC is 188, I'm going to guess that the ON and OFF codes would be 186 and 187. I have added those codes to the following upgrade file and have assigned the buttons to the THUMBS-UP and THUMBS-DOWN buttons, give it a try.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6035
clemon79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an idiot. I'd forgotten I had set that. VPT Status was on, and activated on the VCR but not AUD, which explains why one didn't work. Turn off VPT, both of them have working volume.

AND...you don't need me to tell you this, but you're a genius. Discrete On and Off are indeed OBC 186 & 187. Thank you SO much!

Is this how an on/off toggle usually works, in that it just sends both the discrete on and discrete off, and the system just accepts whatever one it needs at the time?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clemon79 wrote:
Is this how an on/off toggle usually works, in that it just sends both the discrete on and discrete off, and the system just accepts whatever one it needs at the time?

No, all three are separate independent commands, I've just noticed in other Pioneer devices, the ON and OFF codes are usually the two preceding OBCs to the POWER code and even though the OBC for POWER in the upgrade that I posted was different to regular Pioneer audio receivers, the two preceding OBCs were unaccounted for.

Now that you have your discrete codes ready to load into your Harmony, your last task here is to modify the RM file so that it perfectly matches your device. Test every button and if it doesn't do anything, delete it. If it's called something different on your OEM remote, re-label it. Then when you're done, re-load the file as a Pioneer HTS-GS1 in the Misc folder.
clemon79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Now that you have your discrete codes ready to load into your Harmony, your last task here is to modify the RM file so that it perfectly matches your device. Test every button and if it doesn't do anything, delete it. If it's called something different on your OEM remote, re-label it. Then when you're done, re-load the file as a Pioneer HTS-GS1 in the Misc folder.
I'd be happy to! We're not going to get everything...there were still a few buttons that I couldn't find equivalents for. And I also don't know how to incorporate the Media Remote stuff. Is it even possible to integrate all of that together into one upgrade?
clemon79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for Cap'n Trips, if he's watching: I've got this upgrade figured out (the Pioneer part of it, anyhow...I don't know how to integrate the Xbox Media Remote stuff into it, if I can at all) save for three keys: S. Retriever, MCACC, and SR+. I note that all of these are featured in this file that you put together:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4128

I have also found Pronto codes at:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/VSX-1018AH_IR_Codes_&_Pronto_Hex.zip

However, when I import the former into RM I see that it uses a different protocol; 4DEV as opposed to MIX. They also seem to use Device 165, while mine uses 166.

So all of that said, is there a way to use the data above to figure out what the OBC's might be for those three keys for my upgrade?
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have run out of options with regard to figuring out those last three keys. Would it be worthwhile to just upload what I have?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do load what you have so far, then if you're able to figure out some more buttons later, you can update it then.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been following this thread very closely, so I may not have all of the information correct, but, am I correct in assuming that:
(1) You want to train your Harmony to control this Pioneer Receiver;
(2) You have a URC-6131 remote, it is JP1-ready, and you have a JP1 cable;
(3) You have solved your IMMEDIATE issue of programming Discrete ON/OFF, but now you also want to program the 6131 to send the signals for those last three elusive functions (SR+, S.Retriever, and MCACC) so you can learn them to your Harmony.

Is that about right?

Your question about “what is the OBC” seems immaterial (although you can read the OBCs off of the device upgrade you’re looking at. Each of those three signals is a two-part signal with two separate OBCs)

What is stopping you from using the device upgrade you linked to above?
(a) Take that upgrade (“my” upgrade) and
(b) change the remote to your 6131,
(c) assign those three functions to buttons (any buttons will do),
(d) upload the device and protocol upgrades to your 6131,
(e) test the functions, and then
(f) if they work, learn them to your Harmony.

Is there something preventing you from doing that? With the JP1 cable, there is no reason to restrict yourself to built-in protocols and/or setup codes.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His problem is that the upgrade he is using uses the "Pioneer MIX" protocol and the protocol in your master file uses the "Pioneer 4DEV" protocol, furthermore the buttons that he wants to include from your upgrade all use device code 165 whereas his upgrade mixes device codes 166 and 175.

The problem with trying to mix the two upgrades is that the DVD protocol uses a different device code and OBC for part1 and part2 of the signal, whereas the 4DEV protocol uses the same device code for both parts.

However, we have no evidence that the audio functions from the Capn's upgrade will work on the XV-DV313. To that end, Chris I recommend that you try loading the Capn's upgrade into your URC-6131, with the three functions in question assigned to buttons, and then test them to see if they work. My guess is that they won't, so this is not an issue. If they do work, your best bet for setting them up is to use keymoves (I'll explain how, if they work).

S. Retriever, MCACC, and SR+ DCS-313

Btw, in case you (or anyone else) needs a user manual for the XV-DV313, you can get one here (the remote is on page 14):
http://www.pioneerchina.com/files/ENGLISH MANUAL/XV-DV313(EN).pdf

I found the info on how to hack the unit to be region-free here (let me know if you want to know how to use this info):
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/pioneer-dcs-313/2949
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: