JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wanted: JP1 Remote with Display, Labels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gstrickland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Wanted: JP1 Remote with Display, Labels Reply with quote

Does anyone make a JP1 remote which has a screen and 6, 8 or 10 buttons around the screen which would have labels (on the screen) which change based on the function of the button?

For years, I've used 8910 remotes at each tv. I have no trouble remembering what function is mapped to what button, but then again, I'm the one who programs them. My wife and and in-laws tend to forget what does what. I don't care whether the display is color, but it would be enormously helpful if at least some buttons could have a changing lcd label (with backlighting on demand) which indicates what the button does.

Any suggestions for a JP1 remote like this?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No JP1 remote I'm afraid, but the remote you are looking for is out there, it's called the MX-500.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
No JP1 remote I'm afraid, but the remote you are looking for is out there, it's called the MX-500.

Or the Logitech Harmony. I have to admit, pretty good WAF.
Dammit, I wish OFA would re-issue the 6131 (original) with backlighting. I'd buy about 5. What a perfect PVR remote except for the lack of backlighting.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jherrick wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Dammit, I wish OFA would re-issue the 6131 (original) with backlighting. I'd buy about 5. What a perfect PVR remote except for the lack of backlighting.

Have you seen the Atlas OCAP 1056?
eBay Link

Pretty similar, with backlight... Plus you really can't beat that price. If we had an organized household, I would probably buy a Harmony, but JP1 lets me have 3 remotes in the living room, so there is always at least one we can find Smile

xnappo
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
jherrick wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Have you seen the Atlas OCAP 1056?

Yup. I have one of those in the bedroom. It's fine, but it is a little big. Harder for my wife to work one-handed.

xnappo wrote:
Pretty similar, with backlight... Plus you really can't beat that price.
xnappo

You're right about the price, but I still have a fondness for the original 6131. If only it had a backlight, I never would have needed the harmony.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jherrick wrote:
... I still have a fondness for the original 6131. If only it had a backlight ...
(edited for language - deleted the "H" word Wink). If you want small and backlit, check out the radio shack 15-133.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: