JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6800 Extender (7800ex2) questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poet99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: 6800 Extender (7800ex2) questions Reply with quote

After building my my JP1 cable, creating and loading all my device upgrades, I am now at the point where I would like my macros to execute faster.

I opened the 7800ex2 extender file in IR, pasted all my device upgrades with protocols and keymoves from KM (without changing the predefined macros and 1800 device code), wrote a power on macro, saved the new file and uploaded it to the remote (which seemed to work, the red dot in IR blinked at the end of the process). I then pressed POWER to activate the extender (it seems to be activated, as the red LED stays on when I press the SETUP or my MACRO2 key).

Now all my device upgrades and keymoves work, but not my power on macro. Why is my macro not working? Does it have to do with the predefined macros in 7800ex2? Should I delete those, or use the M_, T_, etc. codes when writing my macros? Can the predefined 1800 TV code be conflicting with my own TV upgrade code?

I uploaded my IR file in the User Configurations folder of the yahoo JP1 group. It is called Frank 6800 ext + upgr.txt.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

François
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally "User Configurations" is for examples (that you think others might want to copy from) of configurations that work. There is a diagnosis folder for files you want diagnosed.

It's been so long since I worked with a 6800 extender, I can't remember for certain, but I think it doesn't nest macros, and does concatenate them, which would explain your problem.

The first step in your MACRO2 is TV. That would switch control to the TV macro and ignore the rest of MACRO2.

Instead of TV, you should be doing the correct device select command(s) so that the POWER and 1L commands will be processed in TV mode. I don't remember the key sets (they are in the documentation) but I'd expect both POWER and 1L to be in the M set, so TV should be replaced by M_TV. Similary, the first CBL/SAT should probably be M_CBL, the RCVR probably needs to be M_RCVR.

The CBL/SAT on the end shoudn't be changed, because there you do want to switch over to that macro and execute all four of its commands.

Also, the commands may be too soon after power for the TV or the receiver or both. You might need to rearange to something like

M_TV;POWER;M_RCVR;POWER;M_CBL;POWER;M_RCVR;1;M_TV;1L;CBL/SAT

(guessing the TV is slower than the receiver at powering up).
poet99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John.

I now understand better what the M_, P_, etc. codes are used for.

I tried what you suggested : my SAT/CBL did not power on and my RVCR did not go to 1 (video 1).

I will try different things later on today to correct this, but now I have to resolder the 6 pin header in my 6800. There seems to be a few pins loose.

I can already see the difference in speed when I press the macro button. Amazing!

I deleted my file from the User Config folder.

Thanks again

François
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poet99 wrote:
my SAT/CBL did not power on

That one might be hard. It is a duration issue, not a pause issue.

There is some chance that just issuing that POWER command two or three times in a row (with nothing in between) in a macro might fix it. More likely you'll need some more direct fix for the duration.

Look for other threads on the duration problem with the Dishplayer Old protocol. One of the experts really out to provide a protocol upgrade for Dishplayer Old that just fixes this problem, but I haven't had time. Meanwhiler there are kludges that work.

poet99 wrote:
and my RVCR did not go to 1 (video 1).

Probably that is a delay problem, not a duration problem and fixing the CBL duration will increase the delay for the RCVR, so the problem may fix itself. Otherwise you could change the sequence giving the TV less delay and the RCVR more delay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: