JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GAP-20-256-13?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: GAP-20-256-13? Reply with quote

I am trying to learn the signals off my ITT 3448 TV onto my 7562 remote. All keys learn as GAP-20-256-13? with a device of 1 and an OBC of 128. Any suggestions on what my next step should be?

Sent once data is
+20 -328 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -218 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -328 +20 -131070

Sent repeatedly data is
+20 -328 +20 -98 +20 -218 +20 -218 +20 -218 +20 -218 +20 -218 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -98 +20 -328 +20 -131070

Above data is for Power button
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Gap" description is a "placeholder" type description that gives John some idea of what the signal looks like.

In all cases where you have a signal that doesn't decode properly, you should learn as many buttons as possible (and always include the 10 numeric buttons if they are available) and post the file in the Diagnosis Area.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The "Gap" description is a "placeholder" type description that gives John some idea of what the signal looks like.

It is enough of a description that I can quickly run an automated search of all signals in all CCF files that I ever downloaded to see if there are other samples of the same protocol. It is a big help to see those before writing the decoder for a protocol.

The Robman wrote:

In all cases where you have a signal that doesn't decode properly, you should learn as many buttons as possible (and always include the 10 numeric buttons if they are available) and post the file in the Diagnosis Area.

In this case, there are no other samples of it among all those CCF files, so I would need an eeprom image (as Rob suggested) before adding this to DecodeIR (and maybe RemoteMaster).
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted file ITT 3448.txt to the diagnosis area for you to look at.
Learned numeric buttons, sound buttons, fasttext buttons and power button

Dave
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered getting a newer decodeIR.dll?

My copy decodes all of those as pid_002A

This does point out a minor flaw in my automated search method, since I have lots of CCF files giving these signals (as pid_002A). I just don't have any in which they decode as gap.
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the DLL file - yep it decodes as pid_002A. Thought I had got the latest version, but realised that as I keep older versions of ir in different folders, I was using an old version of the DLL - Had updated it in the previous ir release, not the latest.

Thanks again, hopefully will be OK on this now

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:
Updated the DLL file - yep it decodes as pid_002A. Thought I had got the latest version, but realised that as I keep older versions of ir in different folders, I was using an old version of the DLL - Had updated it in the previous ir release, not the latest.

Thanks again, hopefully will be OK on this now

I recommend keeping DecodeIR in your Windows System folder, then delete all other copies, including the one that comes pre-packaged with IR.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: