JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Devices4.xls where is it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiros

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Devices4.xls where is it? Reply with quote

I checked the spreadsheet file area at yahoo, as described in the beginners guide, but do not see devices4.xls. Can anyone advise where to find it?

I have a Samsung DVD/VCR combo (DVD-V3650) that doesn't seem to be supported by my URC6131. I was planning on using the GetIR circuit to capture the remote. Is this a good idea or do I need to purchase a learning styte JP1 remote to get the codes.

Also I tried DVD_0522 for my Xbox without success. So far I haven't found an upgrade for Xbox. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Still a nOOb here, but I'm learning quick. I know a lot about 6805 assembler and C, so maybe after I get up to speed I can give back. I suspect my URC6131 is not 6805 though..
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiros wrote:
I checked the spreadsheet file area at yahoo, as described in the beginners guide, but do not see devices4.xls. Can anyone advise where to find it?
Try looking in the tools folder.
Tiros wrote:
I have a Samsung DVD/VCR combo (DVD-V3650)
The DVD folder has a file called Samsung DVD-V7070 that might be similar.
Tiros wrote:
I suspect my URC6131 is not 6805 though..
I think it is a S3C80+.

Last edited by usblipitor on Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in the jp1 file tools section Tools

You may be asked to join if you have not already
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Tiros wrote:
I suspect my URC6131 is not 6805 though..
I think it is a S3C80+.
You're right, Steve, it is an S3C80+.
Tiros wrote:
I know a lot about 6805 assembler and C, so maybe after I get up to speed I can give back. I suspect my URC6131 is not 6805 though..
There are still quite a few 6805-based JP1 remotes floating around. The Navigator series, the Intuitive, etc. If you manage to acquire one of these, then you too will be able to hone your 6805 assembler skills so that you can translate a 125-byte S3C80 protocol into a 6805 version that will load on a remote that only allows a 98-byte maximum protocol length. Surprised C won't help here, but I'm sure we would not turn down help with utility programming.
JohnParks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive I would would rather shoot myself in the kneecaps... don't think it would hurt as much.
donphillipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something I am missing? What is Devices4.xls used for? It it simply a visual lookup chart of what EFCs are assigned to "buttons" for some particular undefined line of remotes? I thought a "button" had to be cross referenced to a remote model number and that only a "function" could have an EFC assigned (along with other necessary protocol parms)? I don't see any way to select a remote model with Devices4, so I am confused as to what I am seeing with it or what function (pardon the pun) it provides in the overall scheme of things.

Also, is there some magical way of getting the Devices4 data into KeyMaster, to the point of allowing me to begin with the default settings for a remote's "supported" setup code, then allowing me to edit with Keymaster to make a few key function/button changes, and finally allowing me to renumber my altered data setup code to a new/unused setup code, saving it as an "updated setup code", and finally cut/pasting that altered setup code to IR where I ultimately upload it to my remote?

Or what process does one follow to take one of the "supported" setup codes of a remote, copy it to Keymaster, change a few keys, save as a new setup code (DeviceNameModel_Update_ForJP1RemoteModel).txt, which is ultimately pasted into IR for uploading to my favorite JP1 remote?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:
Is there something I am missing? What is Devices4.xls used for?
Let's see.. hmmm.. If you know the 4 digit setup code for a particular piece of equipment, and would like to see what protocol, device numbers, and EFCs are used, this spreadsheet is your best friend. For example, your TV set is TV/0250. But you use the TiVo to change the channels, and you use the RCVR to adjust volume. All you really want on the TV is to be able to turn it on and off. Since you only need two functions, you might want to create two keymoves rather than devoting a precious device button to this setup code. And where do you find the EFC for on and off? Yep, this spreadsheet.
donphillipe wrote:
..and that only a "function" could have an EFC assigned
this sounds correct: EFCs/OBCs tell the equipment what function you want done.
donphillipe wrote:
I don't see any way to select a remote model with Devices4
Right. To select a remote model, use IR.exe's file/new/select drop down menu, or KM's drop down box.
donphillipe wrote:
is there some magical way of getting the Devices4 data into KeyMaster
not currently. perhaps in a future version of KM.
donphillipe wrote:
what process does one follow to take one of the "supported" setup codes of a remote, copy it to Keymaster, change a few keys, save as a new setup code
I just copy them manually, one EFC at a time.

For creating a whole new device upgrade, if someone else has not already created it for you (see "Steve's First Law" in another post), I believe it is faster to just learn the buttons from the OEM remote, take the info from the learning tab in IR and manually put that stuff into KM to create the device upgrade. For a remote with 25 keys that uses an existing protocol (one that I don't have to build myself in protocol builder) I find that it used to take 10 minutes, and now that I have done it a few times, it takes 5 minutes. Now if I could only get good at building protocols...

Beware the Dark Side of the Force, young Jedi,
-Steve
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:

Also, is there some magical way of getting the Devices4 data into KeyMaster,

The quick way (with minor consequences to KM's appearance):
1) Click the column F header in Devices4 to select the whole column.
2) Type ^C to copy
3) Make sure KM is in EFC mode on the functions tab
4) Click the B column header in KM
5) Type ^V to paste

The cleaner way:
1) Click cell F2 in Devices4
2) Scroll down and shift-click the lowest used cell in column F
3) Type ^C to copy
4) Make sure KM is in EFC mode on the functions tab
5) Right click cell B2 in KM
6) Select paste from the context menu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:
What is Devices4.xls used for? It it simply a visual lookup chart of what EFCs are assigned to "buttons" for some particular undefined line of remotes? I don't see any way to select a remote model with Devices4

Maybe the description of the file will provide some clues here...

the file description at Yahoo wrote:
Use this spreadsheet to get all the EFCs for all the setup codes in the 15-1994 remote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: