JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Control4 IR Mask 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankstallone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Control4 IR Mask 1 Reply with quote

OK Guys, I have captured all the codes I need into my JP1 remote. They are all tested and work. The problem is, they can not be decoded. I will post the file, and my intention is to make a slingbox upgrade file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5888

I am just interested in the learned codes.

Thanks for taking a look!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC and SWAP have the same code, as do GUIDE, INFO and MUTE. Can you confirm that these buttons buttons really are interchangeable. Also, it looks like you learned ZERO to both the 0 and 1 buttons.

Here's an upgrade that doesn't include shift-right. It's formatted for the URC-8820 so you can test it with your remote before trying it in your Slingbox:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5890

I have also created an experimental code that includes support for the shift-right button (and any other shifted buttons that you'd like to include). You can't test this with your URC-8820 as I have only created a S3C8 protocol so you would have to test this version with the Slingbox itself.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5889
frankstallone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Try Again Reply with quote

Hey Rob, thanks so much for checking that out for me.... do you mind looking at it again tomorrow. I will re-learn those codes. Perhaps I goofed. Also, can you give me a bit of insight on how you created this file?

Also, the shift+right I think is a goof. I dont need it.

Thanks so much
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you re-learn the codes, try the buttons out, see if the GUIDE, INFO and MUTE buttons all do the same thing. If you find that they all do INFO, for example, you would only need to re-learn MUTE and GUIDE. Then do the same with CC and SWAP, and then ZERO and ONE.

If any of the original buttons have different names to the button that you learned them on, like M1 for example, please list what they are.

I created the upgrade using the Protocol Builder spreadsheet. Here's a help guide...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3727
frankstallone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Ir Reply with quote

OK Rob. I will give it a shot tomorrow and see what does/doesnt work.. I have to admit.... the file you gave me is a text file.... how can I load that into ir.exe and download to my remote?

Thanks again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file that I created is a KM upgrade file. You can load that into either the KM spreadsheet program or the RM java program. You would then customize it (if you want) before copying the upgrade over to IR.exe to load into your remote.
frankstallone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: mask upgrade Reply with quote

Hey Rob, thanks for responding. Through some research, I finally figured out that I have to paste that info into RM and then into IR.exe. my problem is, I dont really understand how to post it all into IR.exe. I can add a new protocol and device, and paste that info in there, but I do not know how to paste all the buttons in there. Also, it looks like remote master says it is a cable box with a setup code of 2000. I learned everything in as a DVD. Do I need to select the cable box device in IR.exe with a setup code as 2000? Is there a guide showing how to transfer everything from remote master into IR.exe? I am a little lost there but I am getting there slowly but surely. Thanks for all the help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't "paste" into RM, you open the file "using" either RM (or KM), then you cut and paste the code blocks from RM over to IR.

read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: