JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hughes HTL-HD/Sony HD300 "format" button code...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: HTL-HD Reply with quote

dtparker wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got one of these boxes at Christmas, also, and was wondering where you were in the process of searching for discrete codes. No sense in duplicating effort if you guys have already resolved the issue. so far, I've IR learned all the keys on the remote that are not present in the Sat749 protocol, and figured out the EFCs for them using IR, and have started making a new protocol in keymap - I know, that is the easy part Smile

thanks,
Dave

To be honest I haven't gotten back to it. With the holidays, we had people over, so I couldn't play around. Now, I just bought a new receiver(Onkyo SR-601, I returned the 501 I mentioned I had in another thread), so I have been playing with that.

So I am still at the same point I was, as per my previous post on this thread. I have tried about a 1/3 to a 1/2 of the possible keys so far.

Using the file Jon posted(listed above), containing all the possible codes, I have gone thru the TV, Sat and Cable devices and was in the middle of the VCR device buttons, when I stopped.
dtparker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: What I've found Reply with quote

OK, then mebbe I can share some of what I have found :
Here are the functions and EFCs that I know so far:

1080I 165
Variable 2 166
480P 167
Variable 1 168
720P 169
Variable 3 170
480I 171
Native 164
Power On 039
Power Off 037

Note that I am using component outputs, so I can't test this via DVI connection.

Dave
dtparker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: One More Step Reply with quote

OK, I've bundled everything I've been able to find about this device and put it into a KM spreadsheet and uploaded it to the Yahoo JP1 group under HDTV devices. I was unable to find a remote buootn that exactly duplicates the function of the "format" key on the front, but I did find discretes for each of the supported modes, for power on/off, and the diagnostic menus.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What I've found Reply with quote

dtparker wrote:
OK, then mebbe I can share some of what I have found :
Here are the functions and EFCs that I know so far:

1080I 165
Variable 2 166
480P 167
Variable 1 168
720P 169
Variable 3 170
480I 171
Native 164
Power On 039
Power Off 037

Note that I am using component outputs, so I can't test this via DVI connection.

Dave

GREAT!. You have basically found what we were looking for. I'll posts tonight, the codes for the 2 menus I found, if you don't already have them.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: One More Step Reply with quote

dtparker wrote:
OK, I've bundled everything I've been able to find about this device and put it into a KM spreadsheet and uploaded it to the Yahoo JP1 group under HDTV devices. I was unable to find a remote buootn that exactly duplicates the function of the "format" key on the front, but I did find discretes for each of the supported modes, for power on/off, and the diagnostic menus.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Thanx Dave! What prompted me to stop, in the first place was because I found the 720p code and got my box "stuck" in that mode and my TV couldn't handle a 720p signal. Thus I have to do an NVRam reset and get Directv on the line to get my locals back. At the time, I figured enough was enough for now, lol.

Oh how close I was Smile

I am a bit surprised tho, that there isn't a code to duplicate the "format" button(the discretes are better tho).
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: One More Step Reply with quote

dtparker wrote:

Hope this helps!

Dave

Dave, those codes for the modes are different(same EFC's, they just do different modes) for a DVI connection. I am in the process of organizing them. Could you let people know your file at the JP1 Yahoo group is only for Component connections.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here are the Modes for a DVI connection:

EZ DVI = 164
Variable 3 = 165
Variable 1 = 166
720P = 167
Native = 168
480P = 169
1080I = 170
480I = 171

NOTE: the code for 480I is the same as for component and I have not found a code for variable 2 yet.

Perhaps you can add this to your keymap-master file, as a not or separate column/version.

***EDIT***

It appears that when using the DVI cable, there is no Variable 2 and that the EZ DVI mode replaces the Variable 2 option, as I went thru every single code and cannot bring up Variable 2.

I have uploaded a version of your HTLHD file Dave. It is for people who use a DVI connection.
dtparker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Chuck,

That is pretty wierd Smile But, anyway, the EFC ranges look the same even if the functions are different. I take it everything else looked the same on DVI?

Dave
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL Reply with quote

dtparker wrote:
Chuck,

That is pretty wierd Smile But, anyway, the EFC ranges look the same even if the functions are different. I take it everything else looked the same on DVI?

Dave

Yes, all the other commands were the same, other than the modes. I'm sure the reason there is no variable 2 for me because EZ DVI is essentially the same as Variable 2(my TV can't accept 720p).

I wonder if someone, who has a different TV, that DOES accept 720P(thus the same as Variable 1) has the EZ DVI setting replace the Variable 1(just as it replaced Variable 2 for me) and if the ECF's would stay the same or change around again.
dtparker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Interesting Question Reply with quote

Now that is an interesting theory - that the EFC-based functions do different things depending on what the box sees at the other end. If so, I wonder what the codes are for RGB users? LOL!

In any case, I'm still a bit surprised there doesn't seem to be a button to scroll through the available modes, but there doesn't seem to be one in the LG device upgrade either. Yet, I understand there are Format buttons on the LG and Sony remotes?

Would be interesting to get an EFC on one of those LG or Sony remotes - our Hughes seem to map very closely with the LG files, just with an efc shift. Print them both out in OBC order and you'll see what I mean - the groupings are very close.

In my setup - (Sony Projector, Component only) - Variable 2 is the only thing that makes sense, but it would still be fun to completely nail this device Smile

BTW I renamed my file on the Yahoo board to make it a little clearer for the browsers - thanks for the suggestion.

Dave
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't have the hardware I may be missing a point, but a clarification:

The Hughes uses the NEC1 protocol and the OBC's are 8-bits. So the EFC's for this device upgrade will map exactly and uniquely to OBC. There are other devices like Sony where they have 7-bit OBC's and the top bit of the 8-bit EFC selects an alternate device in the OFA remote.

In the DSS receiver it is entirely possible that the same command will have a different effect in a different mode. A trivial example would be the up arrow in a menu mode compared to in the normal mode where it may do a ch+.
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, when I turned on my HTL-HD tonight, instead of seeing the usual EZ DVI, it said Variable 2. Basically what it is doing is the DVI connection is choosing the best connection for me, from the list of existing modes(ie. variable 1, variable 2...) and relabeling it as EZ DVI. So for me and my TV, EZ DVI = Variable 2(hence why I could not find a code for it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: