JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

64 bit USB drivers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: 64 bit USB drivers Reply with quote

Are there 64 bit USB drivers? I cannot get Vista 64 to install the USB drivers that DIY gadget directs to.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone using IR on a 64 bit system?
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a silly question and thats why no-one is responding?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drivers for the USB I/0 are problematic even in the 32 bit version. Finding the right drivers is very difficult. There have been a number of polls here, to find out which USB driver is the best USB driver.

Since none of our software is 64 bit software, a 64 bit driver for USB I/0 should not necessary. 32 bit apps can run with 32 bit dlls even on a 64 machine.

As to your question, are there 64bit USB I/0 dlls, yes there are. Will they run with the current software, probably not.

I made the mistake way back when of googling delcom USB drivers to find a driver for my usb cable. It didn't work, because it wasn't the right version, and I couldn't communicate with my usb cable. Using the older one, that was referenced here cleared up all of my problems. If you are having trouble with the 32 USB using the IR, I'd make sure you are using the correct USB driver. If you are writing your own 64 bit app to read the remotes, try a download of one of the developmental Delcom 64 bit dlls, but don't expect it to work with IR.

Good Luck
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any computers that use Windows Vista, all of mine use Windows XP, so therefore I have nothing to contribute here. I imagine that is also the case for a lot of other people.

Furthermore, very few of us know that much about the Delcom drivers.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Since none of our software is 64 bit software, a 64 bit driver for USB I/0 should not necessary. 32 bit apps can run with 32 bit dlls even on a 64 machine.

Thanks for your responses. I was hoping the 32 bit driver would work, but when I point the driver installation to it, Windows tells me it cannot find drivers for the hardware. Right now i'm using a dual boot just to use IR and RM so I was really trying to find out if anyone has been using them on 64bit..If not then I will just have to put up with the dual boot inconvenience.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: