JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung Synchmaster 170MP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Samsung Synchmaster 170MP Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung Synch Master 170
2. Type of device: TV-PC monitor
3. Year: ~2001
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 6011
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? y
6. Still have original remote? n (wll its somewhere in MI and I'm in IL)
7. Checked the file section? y (Yes there is an upgrade that uses the Sampsong20 Protoco)l
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? Y from file section.
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I'm looking for the SOURCE button, so that I can change this from PC to TV.

It appears that the PB sheet that this uses 8 bit commands so I assume that if I work my way through the 255 codes I should be able to find this. I opened all the other files that have the KM TXT extension, looking for a code, but they all use some version of the NEC protocol.

The OBC's were pretty much sequential, so to do this the smart way,
Do I start with skipped OBCs' in the sequence
Then go to the lower OBC's from 0 to 30
Then start with the the top of the seqence 62+ and go upwards?

Or does the Samsung20 have some quirks that I should be aware of, like the limitation of range?

Samsung20 Protocol Builder sheet
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1398

Samsung Synch Master 170 MP - KM
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1148
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I'd try the following OBCs first:

Then I'd try 0-32, then 65+
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find my code that way, but I did find a Samsung remote and was able to learn all the codes.

It seems that the remote Source button doesn't work like the Source button on the monitor. It gets hung up from the original remote and that is why I couldn't see it work. The source button is the TV/VCR function.

I plugged the protocol from the upgrade into the protocol builder and saw that it had 2 6bit devices, and 1 8bit command.

I took these
learned codes and broke them down into dev1(6bit), dev2(6bit), command(8bit).

These functions were not in the original upgrade.

Pre.Ch***
+4482 -4380 100000 000000 10001100 + 526 -21862
PIP***
+4482 -4380 100000 000000 11001100 + 526 -21050
PIP/OFF***
+4482 -4380 100000 000000 01111100 + 526 -20232
CH Search***
+4482 -4380 100000 000000 01001100 + 526 -21862

I figured out the OBC's from the 8 bit commands above, so now I've got the functions I need on my JP1 remotes, but I want to get this ready for my JP1.2 remotes.

It appears that the protocol doesn't have any code, it just sets a bunch of variables and jumps to the IR engine. So this should be pretty easy. Just changing the processor should get me the upgrade I need, since it doesn't require code.

But where do I go from there? How do I get this
into KM and/or RM??

BTW I really appreciate the time you've taken to teach me to help myself. I really am starting to understand this. I'm sorry its taking me so long!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you would need to do is load the PB file into PB and then change the processor there. This will generate the correct executor code.

I have just done this for you and have replaced the original KM file with one that includes the correct executor code for all types of JP1 remote. So, if you re-download the original KM file and change the remote to whichever remote you are using, KM will present you with the correct protocol code.

If you already have your current KM file all customized, etc all you need to do is copy the "Notes" section from the current KM file.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What you would need to do is load the PB file into PB and then change the processor there. This will generate the correct executor code.

Yes, I figured that out on my own. Last time I was working to try to understand this, you got me to the point of the disassembly, which was so easy once I got one to work!

Quote:
I have just done this for you and have replaced the original KM file with one that includes the correct executor code for all types of JP1 remote.

I want to be able to do this part myself. And I can't figure out how you do this with our tools.

Quote:

If you already have your current KM file all customized, etc all you need to do is copy the "Notes" section from the current KM file.

Is this the clue? Perhaps now that you have made one that will let me switch processors, I can see how you did it. It sounds like the Notes area is the key, and I just haven't run across one of these before.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I want to be able to do this part myself. And I can't figure out how you do this with our tools.

In KM, when you use the "Manual Settings" option, it looks for the protocol code in the "Notes" section. KM is clever enough to know what processor the remote you selected uses, so it looks for a compatible protocol in the Notes section.

All I did was load the Synch protocol file in PB and change the selected processor type, then I copied the executor code over to the Notes section in KM, adding it below the previous executor code. I repeated this for all the processor types.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!! So simple, and yet I've been struggling with that for so long!

I think you've taught me to fish!

Thanks! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: