JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need descrete Sony TV PIP OFF code...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st5000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Need descrete Sony TV PIP OFF code... Reply with quote

Hi...

Evidently the normal PIP action is to toggle the PIP feature. But on my old TV (Sony KP53V75) this only activates / changes the size of the PIP.

So, if any remote (jp1, universal, what-ever) manages to turn it on, we always have to hunt for the original remote to turn it OFF.

I had looked here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm
...and was happy to find a strong correlation with my existing PIP OBC codes in RM. So I added the "PIP OFF" OBC=110 code. But nothing happened.

This is about the last to-do before handing this remote over. Any help would be appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a JP1 learning remote? If so, learn the button from the original remote and get the code that way.
st5000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do you have a JP1 learning remote? If so, learn the button from the original remote and get the code that way.

Yes, but I can't get the JP1.0 interface working (using Tom's USB programmers and it looks like the JP1.0 and JP1.3 use different USB drivers).

Regardless, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I believe almost all of the codes for my TV are of the Sony 12 bit variety. Except the PIP OFF code. It is OBC is 110 but needs to be sent to device 164, not device 1 as all the other codes. That makes it a 15 bit code (all codes above device 31 are 15 bits long if I recall correctly).

I'm not an RM expert, but, evidently, you enter the second device code into the first page of RM (setup) under "Device2:" and then choose it as the device on the second page (Functions) for the PIP OFF entry. BTW, the PIP OFF entry needs the OBC set to 110. The other columns are filled for you automatically.

One other thing, if your TV also has PIP SPLIT you may need to do the same as I did for the PIP OFF. The PIP SPLIT's OBC is 119.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, there's no such thing as JP1.0, if you're referring to the older traditional JP1 remotes, we just call those JP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: