JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer VSX-1018AH Additional Discrete Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-1018AH Additional Discrete Codes Reply with quote

No question here, but I did find some new Discrete codes that I thought might be useful to others searching as I was:

I got my new Pioneer VSX-1018AH receiver up and running this weekend. I started with (and had a large degree of success with) Capn Trips excellent "yet another Master Pioneer" file here. This worked for most of my initial needs, but I found a few of the discrete input selects were missing.

Eventually I found this list of Pronto Codes from Pioneer here. This lead to two discoveries:

1) This includes a discrete code for the "BD" input (Blu-Ray HDMI input) that I haven't seen listed in any file, along with some other interesting codes.

For those looking for a quick and dirty discrete code for the BD input, using IRTool on the relevant section of the above file produces:

Protocol: Pioneer
Device: 165
OBC: 92
EFC: 228

OBC: 192
EFC: 173

So this is a two-part signal, both on the 165 device.

I've added this to my copy of Capn Trips KM spreadsheet as:
INPUT: BD
byte2: 2 192

2) More interestingly, this file also lists a set of commands titled "Auto Function (Simultaneous Power + Input)", with one for each of the named input devices from the other section.

I'm guessing these are special codes that will both DISCRETE ON the receiver AND select the appropriate input device with a single command. I'll have to play with these when I get home to be sure, but since I haven't seen these discrete codes listed anywhere, I thought I would call them out.

If these work as I expect, this would be a nice tool for those of us doing "power on" then "select device" in our macros, as I sometimes find that the device selection command is missed the first time around if the device is slow to turn on (or if I don't space out the commands in the macro).

Anyhow, like I said, no questions here, just wanted to contribute in case others were searching for stuff...
Herbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, further research has identified two additional input-select codes that are not in CapnTrips file:

XM RADIO:
OBC: 158
EFC: 254

OBC: 204
EFC: 44

SIRIUS:
EFC: 228

OBC: 194
EFC: 175

I went ahead and added these two plus all of the "Auto function Power+Input" codes to a new version of the file. It is posted to the file section here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: