JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

John, et.al.: Mill4 restriction on keymoving to POWER?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: John, et.al.: Mill4 restriction on keymoving to POWER? Reply with quote

Trying to setup a Mill4 B00 for the bedroom. For TV, 0054 as native yields mostly junk, so I made an upgrade to replace it, and it's working great. Just 2 devices left.

I decided to tackle the VCR portion. VCR_0046 works fairly decent with my 1994 and 6800. It's also native to the Mill4. "Eject" is missing on all three, so I keymoved the eject efc to "exit". This works.

The 0046's power command uses the wrong efc, apparantly sanyo decided to use something different, although most of the other commands are correct. This vcr needs an efc of 235. I went ahead and keymoved the power key in VCR mode to use "235". However, it doesn't work. I can setup-2-3-5, and power cycles like it should. (I learned the oem power key to my 6800 and used IR to tell me the right efc).

Just to make sure, I swapped the keymove order for eject and power, and still no go (Just in the off-chance that the keymove location in the rdf was off). Eject works, and power still doesn't. Does the Mill4 (B00) have a restriction whereby you can't keymove to the power key? That's the only explanation I can think of to explain what's happening.

If this IS the case, then I guess I'll have to make an upgrade for it as well. Has anyone else run into this? John?

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried re-assigning the power keymove to another button just to make sure that it does work? If not, that should be your next move. If it works on a different button, but not the POWER button, you have just confirmed that you can't keymove to that button, in which case your best bet is to create an upgrade.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setup, 235 does work the power toggle. Keymoving to "exit" worked. I did build an upgrade, used 235 for power, and it and the other keys seem to work right from limited testing. Sometime here fairly soon I'll try keymoving a bogus efc to power on the upgrade and see if keymoving to power is dead even in an upgrade. If power is a restricted key for keymoves, then the power function will still work.

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and set a bogus efc to power in the upgrade via a keymove, and the power key "broke".

I grabbed another B00 and set the vcr device to 0046, and keymoved 235 to power, and it worked. Thus, it's not repeatable. Downloading before showed the keymove, although it didn't work. I can only conclude that there was some unexplained glitch that happened, as it does appear that you can keymove to power, since I've managed to succeed twice now. I guess I'll have to write off that other glitch as the remote having a "blonde moment". Oh well, wooda taken 6-8 keymoves to "fix" 0046, and still got 702 left in upgrades to use, with only one more device I have to worry about, so the new RM upgrade wasn't exactly for naught. Might have a better use for keymove/macro space with more keymoves I want, and also a couple macros.
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: