JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Broken URC-8910 Modem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsarella

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Broken URC-8910 Modem Reply with quote

Hello, I have an URC-8910 remote, I just recently bought a Pioneer DVD player and would like to use the region free code, but it seems my modem has been damaged, practically since i got the remote. I always heard the rattling sound, and I kinda opened it up today, only to find pieces of glue loose inside the remote. Upon closer inspection one of the pieces of glue had two wires embedded in it which came from the voice coil looking thing, which in my guess is the modem. Does anyone on here have any tips as to how I should solder this back on? there are two contacts on the remote, so does anyone know which I should solder the voice coil onto? Also, does anyone on here have any idea why this thing only has one wire? I though there were supposed to be 2.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and if you have any tips or suggestions or even pics, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help rendered.
kupakai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read this thread? It might be of some help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coil has one long wire on it (coiled around the plastic spool) but that wire has two ends, hence the two connections on the PCB. If you're only seeing one wire, it just means that the other one has not emerged from the coil, so you'll need to dig it out.

Once you have both wires, there is a little cut-away in the spool where the wires are supposed to feed through. Put the wires in this cutaway and then position the spool on the PCB (there are two spikes in the spool and two matching holes in the PCB). Then solder the wires onto the PCB spots. Then use hot glue to hold the spool in place.

Of course, a much better idea would be to just get a JP1 cable, which would render the modem not needed.
jsarella

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, I was looking at the coil, and it sems to only have one wire, am i supposed to look for both ends of the wire or is thta single wire supposed to have 2 parts?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every wire has two ends, and the wire on the coil is no exception. When the coil was originally installed, the two ends would have been soldered to the PCB, so it's just a question of you finding the other end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: