JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung VCR code (240) in extended 8910 (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Samsung VCR code (240) in extended 8910 (Resolved) Reply with quote

I have been converting a 15-1994 Ext-5 program to a URC-8910 Ext-1. I have got advice and help along the way from this board which I appreciate and have come back with another issue.

My VCR is a Samsung VR8260C. For my 15-1994 I had built an upgrade which I called 1240. That worked fine in the 15-1994. When I used RM and changed the Remote to 8910 (New) Extender 1, I do not seem to have a suitable upgrade as no keys seem to work.

To debug I built a simple macro on M1: DEV_VCR, Power, SET_LCD and there is no reaction from the device. Yet another macro on M3:DEV_VCR, Power, SET_LCD correctly power toggles my CBL device (which is also an upgrade I built for the 15-1994 and converted with RM.

I also built a keymove onto VCR: M2 that directly invokes protocol 240 and the power key (EFC:183)

Can anyone please suggest some options or alternative debugging to try to sort out the issue? It is not urgent as the VCR is now only used when we discover a tape in the basement that we want on DVD!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't guess why it didn't work from your description. We need to see the files.

IIUC, you had a saved .rmdu file from setting up the 15-1994 and you modified that into an .rmdu file for the 8910. We would need to see that .rmdu file for the 8910.

Then you copied the output section of that from RM to IR.exe as past of creating a .ir file that you used in testing your 8910. We would need to see that .ir file as well.

You should put the files (or better, a .zip containing both) into the diagnosis area
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
and then post a link to the file(s) back to this thread.
rickety

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have solved this - maybe just composing the message for the forum caused me to look more closely.

Using IR I compared the two upgrades and found that the "Parm" values in the two 1240s were different. The one used in 15-1994 had a parm of 31, the one in the 8910 had parm of 1F.

I built my 1240 with KeyMapMaster (Excel spreadsheet). It looks as though some time ago I had converted all the upgrades to RemoteMaster and at that time, either my error or in RM, the value of 31 was interpreted as 1F and saved as that Parm value. I had not uploaded the upgrade to the remote (as I thought it was the same as the one in there Rolling Eyes ).

When making the version for the 8910 I had used the rmdu.

I left my original message (with an amended title so that anyone willing to think about it did not have to worry Laughing ) and added this note in case anyone else had a problem that could be explained by a similar situation.

I also discovered a thread that indicates that an earlier version of RemoteMaster may have converted Parm=31 to Parm=1F. In case others are interested the thread is here

While composing this message, JohnsFine made a follow-up posting - Thanks John for the guidance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: