JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for discrete input codes for TV Panasonic CT-27SX12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtimart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for discrete input codes for TV Panasonic CT-27SX12 Reply with quote

Hi all.
I've got a URC8910 JP1 remote. I have tried the codes that I found for TV 0250 but they do not work. I'd really like to get my hands on the input codes (Video 1, Video 2 etc...) as it's the part that I'm most interested in automating.

Thanks in advance,

Martin
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does TV_0250 otherwise control the TV?

If so, AFAIK there aren't any other codes except for component and DVI inputs for HDTV's.

Just create a macro. Ch+ will take you to the tuner from any input. Ch+|Video Toggle = AV1, Ch+|Video Toggle | Video Toggle= AV2, .., etc.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the Advanced Code list for TV/0250. It lists EFC's for Video1-3.

185 Video 1
183 Video 2
187 Video 3
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite possible that your TV simply doesn't accept the codes for input select. There usually are ways around this. See http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/faq.shtml#[1.28] for one way.
Sometimes you can also use Tv/Video followed by a digit to select the appropriate input.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gtimart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, yes I've tried the advanced codes, that's the ones I was saying that don't work. Thanks anyway.
I may have to do the workaround that two of you have described. I did try that once, before installing the extender, and it was way too slow. I'll try it again now.
If anybody has the EFCs, it would be much easier though...

Thanks.
Martin
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extender will execute macros MUCH faster.

Not to belabor the point, but it's not a question of finding the right code. Its whether the IR receiver in the Panasonic TV resonds to those codes. Panasonic has a very stable set of commands. They are used in all displays (Plasma's HDTV's RPTV's. LCD TV's) IF they respond to them. Tuner is OBC 000, Video 1 is OBC 001, Video2 is OBC 002, Video 3 is OBC 003, etc. Only the HDTV's use two alternatives for Component Video inputs.
gtimart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately, my TV doesn't seem to respond to them at all. Even the workaround doesn't work, at least not reliably. Even with (small) delays, my TV either stays on the tuner or only does one input change when I need two. I'll have to look into the "delay" protocol/device that the extender provides. I'm kind of disappointed because I liked the fast macros, now I'm gonna slow them down Sad Oh well...

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Martin
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtimart wrote:
Well, unfortunately, my TV doesn't seem to respond to them at all. Even the workaround doesn't work, at least not reliably. Even with (small) delays, my TV either stays on the tuner or only does one input change when I need two. I'll have to look into the "delay" protocol/device that the extender provides.
Martin

Unfortunately, my experience with a Panny (32-inch TV) is similar. The only ultimately reliable solution was the Power on-Pause-Pause-Ch up-Pause-Pause-TV/Video-Pause-Pause-TV/Video macro to get to video 2, where the "Pause"s were the MAXIMUM pauses available with the "Pause" Special Protocol. I always tried to intersperse the signals to the Panny with other device signals (Rcvr on; Rcvr input select; DVD player on). The other advantage (even with the Extenders "Fast" macros, this sequence takes a while) was that I was using an RS 15-2117 (IR/RF) remote, so I don't have to worry overmuch about the pointing of the remote during the entire sequence, as the RF doesn't care as much as IR-only.
gtimart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, tried a single pause (FF) and it works well EXCEPT when the TV's off. In that case, I need more, probably two pauses. I still have to fine-tune that part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: