JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protocol for Pioneer remote, some buttons 2-codes, some 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Protocol for Pioneer remote, some buttons 2-codes, some 1 Reply with quote

I'm trying to make a KM file for a Pioneer navigation remote CXB7426. All buttons transmit codes for device 173. However, some buttons transmit double codes. The ones that transmit double codes will send a code for device 173 with OBC fixed to 151 and after that will send a code of 175 with different OBC for each button.

I've found the regular Pioneer 1-byte will send a fixed device with different OBC for each button and Pioneer DVD appears to accept 2-device codes with a fixed OBC for Cmd1. The former sounds like it will work for the buttons that transmit a single code and the latter will work for buttons transmitting dual codes, but how do I make a KM file that supports both at the same time?

An example device file would be really helpful if possible.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is typical Pioneer behavior. Since you don't say what the device you're trying to control is, I can't point you to an example file (althougfh if I was ambitious, it would be simple to look through a few various Pioneer device upgrades and see what matches devices 173 and 175).

Whatever your device is (DVD player, receiver, TV,) look in that section of the upgrade area and you will find MANY examples of Pioneer upgrades that are likely to be a good starting point for YOUR upgrade.

If you read the help worksheet for Pioneer protocols in KM, it will tell you how to structure your upgrade to send both the one-command and two-command signals from a single upgrade.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have selected Pioneer as the protocol in KM, read the "Protocol Help" tab which will explain that "Pioneer MIX" is the best option for you.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From RM's Protocol notes for Pioneer:
Code:
Notes=Pioneer signals come in many combinations, and (aside from the basic 1-Device 1-Subdevice Pioneer Protocol) sometimes it is a bit daunting to choose the appropriate Protocol Executor when building an upgrade.  Here's a brief rundown. \n\n\
(Bottom line - use whichever protocol gets you the functionality you require at the lowest cost in memory) \n\n\
Pioneer DVD / Pioneer DVD2:  If some functions send a signal with device code 163, but some of the other functions send a two-part signal where the first part is device 163, command 153, and the second part is device 175, with various command codes, this is the Pioneer DVD or Pioneer DVD2 protocol. \n\n\
Pioneer MIX:  Pioneer has started creating new devices that use a similar mix of codes as the Pioneer DVD protocols, but they don't follow the same rules, so these need to be entered manually using the Pioneer MIX protocol. If using the DVD/DVD2 version doesn't work, try this one instead. \n\n\
Pioneer 2CMD:  If some of the functions for your device send a two-part signal where the device code is the same but the command code varies, you need to use the Pioneer 2CMD protocol. \n\n\
Pioneer 3DEV:  If the functions for your device use one of up to three different device codes, and some of the functions even send a two-part signal as described above, then you need to use the "Pioneer 3DEV" protocol. \n\n\
Pioneer 4DEV:  Some more recent Pioneer products violate their own rules about allowable OBCs and even though they should SEEMINGLY work with Pioneer 3DEV, will not.  In this case, you must use the Pioneer 4DEV protocol executor.  The disadvantage is that Pioneer 4DEV will almost certainly require a substantial protocol upgrade, while Pioneer 3DEV is built-in to most recent UEIC remotes, so you would only have a Device upgrade.  An alternative is to use Pioneer 3DEV for most of the functions, and supplement with Keymoves from a small basic Pioneer upgrade.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I never noticed the "Protocol Help" tab before. Embarassed
The device is a navigation unit, AVIC-9DVD, btw.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a "navigation unit"? It sounds like a GPS type of thing?

Here's something I found...
http://www.profeel.com/avic9dvd.htm
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's it, an add-on DVD navigation system for car.
I only paid 1/10th the price on that website though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering whether we had some rich kids on this site now! Smile
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish!

After analyzing some more of the output from this remote, it seems I won't be able to put ALL of its possible codes into one KM upgrade because Pioneer MIX allows 2 devices with 2 Cmd OBCs to be sent, but this remote actually has 4 distinct Cmd OBCs for 2-byte device codes. It has a NAVI/DVD switch which changes the mode. I think it'll be best to split this up into 2 separate upgrades, one for NAVI mode and another for DVD mode.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Protocol Help tab in KM when you have Pioneer selected as there are other versions of the Pioneer protocol that might work for you.

If it's too confusing, and Pioneer is one of the most confusing protocols, just post here what device codes and command codes you need and one of us will point you in the right direction.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if the Pioneer 4DEV protocol provides you with the flexibility that you require.
Code:
Pioneer 3DEV:  If the functions for your device use one of up to three different device codes, and some of the functions even send a two-part signal as described above, then you need to use the "Pioneer 3DEV" protocol. \n\n\
Pioneer 4DEV:  Some more recent Pioneer products violate their own rules about allowable OBCs and even though they should SEEMINGLY work with Pioneer 3DEV, will not.  In this case, you must use the Pioneer 4DEV protocol executor.  The disadvantage is that Pioneer 4DEV will almost certainly require a substantial protocol upgrade
What is absent from that "Help" note is the seemingly apparent point that with the 4DEV protocol, you can have up to FOUR Devices in a single upgrade.

Amazon Firestick
GnatGoSplat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, looks like Pioneer MIX 4-Cmd is exactly what I need, but there's no mention of it in the Protocol Help in KM 9.12.
I need to know the byte2 values to use Cmd3 and Cmd4.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try RM instead of KM. It's much easier and more intuitive.

Or if you insist on using KM, read the notes on the functions worksheet on the right (Column J, Rows 2-8) which explain:

Code:
Pioneer MIX 4-Cmd
Use OBC's
Notes:
"Set 'byte2': '0' = dev1 ONLY (1-part signal)
'1' = dev1/cmd1, '3' = dev1/cmd2
'5' = dev1/cmd3, '7' = dev1/cmd4
(see [Protocol Help] for details)"

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: