JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 50pf9631d (input codes)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinomight

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Philips 50pf9631d (input codes) Reply with quote

1. Device: Philips 50pf9631d
2. Type of device: Philips Plasma TV
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 6131 (with extender)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes 1454
10. Learning remote question? No

My remote has been working great since i was able to find the right device code for it. But I've never been able to get the input buttons(discrete) nor the ambilight button mapped to my urc 6131. I'm tired of having to press the tv button followed by the ok button followed up or down until i find the right input followed by ok again and then followed by the input button for the device i want to control. Since i know the origional remote has buttons for each input i should be able to get the codes for each of those buttons and map it to my input buttons (in a macro) so that as i select my new device the tv switches to the proper input. I'd also like to get my ambilight button mapped to the remote. Problem is i can't find the codes i need. I've tried codes for other philips devices without success. I have the origional remote and i was hopeing someone who has a way of learning remote codes would be willing to let me send them my remote, learn the codes and send them to me. (and then send me back the origional remote.) Is there anyone out there willing to help me out?
Thanks,
-Dylan
dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Can anyone learn them for me (i send you the remote) Reply with quote

bump
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located?
dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provo Utah, USA
dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't mind paying postage both ways.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ashamed to say I've learned several OEM remotes in the store. That's one way to save on shipping. Just let your fingers do the walking to locate a similar model.
dinomight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: in store? Reply with quote

I'm confused as to how you are able to learn discrete input codes in the store. I have the original remote i just don't have a way to detect the signals given off by the original remote and translate that into codes that can be used on my 6131. That is the reason I'm looking for someone who can take my remote learn the input codes and send it back to me.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. My comment was for someone else who could do the learning for you.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out this upgrade? The user that did this gave a very good explanation of what is going on in the remote. It includes the discretes and the codes for the ambient lighting. Its pretty confusing, but well documented.
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried some of the codes from this upgrade?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4834

For example, if you want to try entering them using advanced codes, the following would be the codes from that upgrade file:

av1 = 061
av2 = 210
av3 = 194
av4 = 226

ambilight on = 192
ambilight off = 224

discrete on = 018
discrete off = 082
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read the notes on that upgrade, and it seems that the OEM remote emits rc5 and rc6 codes, and the discrete codes were rc6. I do believe, can't check because all my tools are packed away, but I do believe that the 1454 is a RC5 type signal, as all the JP1 codes that end in 54 seem to control my phillips TV, so I think dinomight is going to have to create an RC6 upgrade to get the desired functions, but I could be very wrong.
dinomight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: did the trick Reply with quote

Thanks so much guys that those device upgrades helped me out. I think i have everything exactly how i want it (the ambilight still doesn't work but i think i can make due, at least the discrete inputs work.) Thanks again folks. (it also insipred me to finally get my hddvd player to work (i even got lirc to work with my very old logitec ir reciever.)
-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: