JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Directv receivers HR21 and H21 are not compatible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: New Directv receivers HR21 and H21 are not compatible Reply with quote

I tried the HR20 and other files and they are not compatible with the HR21 or H21 recievers. Has anyone gotten them to work?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they are, they use exactly the same IR codesets. You sure your receiver are set for IR? If they're in RF mode, its RF only and the receivers won't respond to IR commands.

Believe me I know, I have answered over 4000 posts dealing with directv white remotes alone here:

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/listtopics?msgBoardID=10100433

me, Tivoburkee
gtv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I programmed my URC-8910 with the HR20 file. It works on my HR20 but not on the HR21. Some buttons do effect the operation of the HR21, but are not correct. The RF is not on. It's like the buttons are off maybe in frequency or something. I know there is a parameter that can be set in the remote file that effects frequency and delay. I tried most of the combinations.

I tried learning one button (guide) from the HR21 remote and it learned it with "success". In the IR program it said that the learned code is not a recognizable format from the HR21 remote. It said it was a Russound protocol for the learned code.

I have new batteries in my remote. Any other ideas or things to try?
utmba95

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! I have the same problem.

URC6131 extender 1 sends Russound 12 OBC 55 / EFC 123 which should be PAUSE. My HR21 does 30 second skip instead. I can learn the code from my 6131 with my URC6800 and verify it is correct.

When I learn the pause button from the original RC64R remote, I get OBC 50 / EFC 163 which people have labeled as FORWARD.

The numeric buttons work but most of the other buttons are mapped wrong. Display does down arrow, play does record, etc.

What is going on? I will go through and learn all of the codes if I have to, but somebody must have already ran into this.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there is something going on here but it's not that the HR21 and h21 use a different code set than the 20's do. I just recently signed up with DirecTV and had to try a few of the different upgrades before I found one that didn't give me an error about the protocol when I switched it to my atlas remote but the OBC's where the same in pretty much all of the files I looked at.

I think the protocol issue had to do with a more efficient version of the protocol that was written for the jp1 remotes that hasn't been ported to other remotes.
utmba95

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a protocol problem explain why I'm learning different codes from the original remote using DecodeIR 2.36?

Maybe somebody can see a trend. These are what I'm learning from the original remote (RC64R). They are all Russound dev=12.

OBC EFC
left = 35 027
right = 36 243
up = 33 011
down = 34 035
power = 16 146
Menu = 69 232
CH+ = 13 042
utmba95

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and learned all of the HR21 keys from the OEM remote (RC64R). I have not figured out the SKP/LKP transport codes, but it appears that the PVR itself distinguishes between SKP and LKP instead of the remote. Although this works fairly well, I'm curious why the power users swear up and down that the codes are identical between the HR20 and HR21. Perhaps there are two possible modes that the PVR and Remote can operate in. I'd prefer to have separate codes for "skip to tick" and "skip back to tick", so I'm interested in figuring this out if anybody has a suggestion to try.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5550
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand the problem you are having. THIS upgrade has the same codes you've found as well as the long key press codes. Make sure you change the remote type to 8910 and remember load the protocol in this upgrade as well. I use the long key press codes exclusively, and the transport keys work the same as on the OEM remote. Even with the LKP codes, you have to hold the key down a second or two to skip.
utmba95

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. My problem was that I was using a different file which is more appropriately named but unfortunately completely wrong:
Directv Plus HD DVR HR20
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3623

Can somebody delete this one as it has mislead at least a few people?

Last edited by utmba95 on Sun May 04, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I'm not sure what the problem is, but both files look ok to me, although they are for different remotes.

Last edited by mdavej on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
utmba95

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, I pasted the wrong link previously. I fixed the link.

The numeric codes are correct, but most of the other codes are wrong. Example OBCs:

KEY GOOD BAD
ch+ 13 14
disc. on 128 40
play 48 52
up arrow 33 36

Thanks for the tip to always use the LKP codes. Now it works like the OEM remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: