JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

will JP1 do what I want before buying equipment?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paradiddlepaul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: will JP1 do what I want before buying equipment? Reply with quote

Hi,

Before buying a JP1 remote and cable, I wanted to make sure I can do what I want.

I want to be able to do simple things like lock the power button and input select button to one device (TV). Most of the changes I want to do are just small tweaks like that to simplify my setup (so my wife doesn't get frustrated)

Is that sort of thing possible using the JP1 interface?

thanks!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't run out of KeyMove/Macro memory, simple things like that are possible even without a JP1 cable. The JP1 cable makes the programming process less tedious and gives you a few other ways to accomplish the same behavior (which may use less KeyMove/Macro memory than the obvious way).

The most obvious way to lock a button to one device mode (with or without JP1) is to define a KeyMove for it in each other device mode.

The advanced way with JP1 is to use software called an "extender" that adds many features including temporary device changes. Then you could put a macro on the Power key to do two commands:
1) Temporary switch to TV mode
2) Original Power function
jayerndl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: will JP1 do what I want before buying equipment? Reply with quote

paradiddlepaul wrote:
Hi,
I want to be able to do simple things like lock the power button and input select button to one device (TV).
If you create a macro for the power button to perform "TV power" then the power button will always work the TV regardless of the device mode your remote is in. Depending on the exact remote model you can do this easily even without JP1. Good luck.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: