JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error codes on keymoves/discrete in IR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Error codes on keymoves/discrete in IR Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony KDF-50E3000
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2007/8
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 5 URC-1054
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? n/a
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? No

Hi there,

A couple of year ago I got my JP1 remote (RS 15-2117) working with the extender 2 with all sorts of macros etc and has been working great. We recently upgraded our TV and I was successfully able to find a mostly working file and add the few things that mine needed to work. I edited the macros and all is well - with the original RS 15-2117 remote.

However, I decided I'd like to hack the remote that came from TW Cable so that I can have a second one to use. It's the Atlas listed above (went through the posts identifying it so I'm sure it's that model). Most of the upgrades that I added in worked fine, but I noticed that the Keymoves listed in IR for the TV code all had errors (no hex command, EFC or keyname). I went back to the original file that I setup for the RS 15-2117 (in both RM and IR) and everything looked fine. In that RM file, there was a protocol upgrade for the Sony TV file generated which I obviously loaded into IR. When I switched the remote type from the RS 15-2117 to the Atlas 1054, however, the protocol upgrade disappeared and never returned. So, I'm kind of stuck as to why one version is working and the other isn't. I'm also having similar problems with the Audio system upgrade which also works on the RS 15-2117 but has Keymove errors when transferred to the Atlas remote (though there wasn't a protocol upgrade generated at all). However, the DVD player upgrade works fine on both remotes including the Keymoves.

Not sure which files you'll need to see so I uploaded a few of them:

Error ridden IR file for Atlas 1054:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5524

Working RM upgrade file for Sony TV for the RS 15-2117:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5525

RM file for Sony TV which creates errors when imported into IR. Created from above working file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5526

Original RM file for the Panasonic HT System which works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5527

New file created from above for the Atlas remote which causes Keymove errors in IR:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5528

I'd really appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks so much in advance!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Error codes on keymoves/discrete in IR Reply with quote

varaonaid wrote:
Most of the upgrades that I added in worked fine, but I noticed that the Keymoves listed in IR for the TV code all had errors (no hex command, EFC or keyname).
This particular Atlas model shares a keymove limitation with the URC-6131. These two remotes do not understand normal keymoves, and cannot process keymoves for protocols that use more than one command byte. I'm not sure how RM is handling this in your case, but KM would simply not generate the keymoves.

How you work around this has been discussed before. You either have to create upgrades that use protocols with one-byte commands, or you have to make a dummy upgrade with the functions mapped to buttons and create the keymoves on the remote itself. You can create this type of keymove in IR also; you select the Key type instead of EFC or HexCmd.

varaonaid wrote:
...there was a protocol upgrade for the Sony TV file...
It's perfectly normal for one remote to require a protocol upgrade when another does not. In this case, the Atlas already has a later version of the Sony protocol built-in than the 15-2117, so it does not require the protocol upgrade.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I searched for more information from previous posts about the issue with the Atlas/key moves but I must not be using the best search terms 'cause I'm having trouble finding info. I did find this thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3512&highlight=atlas+key+move
but I'm still lacking a sort of "how to" or more info on how to do the single byte key moves. Could you (or anyone else) please point me to some more info on that or perhaps elaborate on how to do the single byte moves?

Thanks so much in advance!
varaonaid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind - figured it out myself from your post and some trial and error stuff. Thanks again!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: