JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snuffy2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B Reply with quote

I'm curreently using code 0145 for this Hitachi TV. It controls most everything I need, except for discrete commands. Does anyone have any idea as to what to use for discrete commands? I tried the 1 Hitachi file in the files section but nothing from that file worked.

OR - Does anyone have any other solutions to mimic Discretes for a Hitachi TV (besides ToadTog). I'm currently using ToadTog and not exstatic with how its working out (It's for my tech challenged father).

I'm using a 2116 ex 2.

Thanx
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/0145 according to devices4.xls is NEC1 device 80. Power is EFC 122. Plugging that information into KM we find EFC 122 = OBC 023. Assuming (there I go again JIM!) that if discrete on/off exists, it would be an OBC close to 023, KM gives me this list:

OBC....EFC
021....120 (left)
024....245 (channel down)
025....249 (channel up)

So you could try these EFCs and see if they work as discrete on/offs. I hope one of the experts may have something more helpful that this. Good Luck!

usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B Reply with quote

snuffy2 wrote:
I tried the 1 Hitachi file in the files section but nothing from that file worked.
That is strange.. That file uses the same IR signal for toggle power as TV/0145, specifically NEC1, device 80, EFC 122=OBC 023. Did you try this power toggle from that file? It should have worked. If it didn't, the laws of the universe are coming apart. In that file, the discrete on is EFC 022 and discrete off is EFC 026.

Opinions welcome! Razz
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
In that file, the discrete on is EFC 022 and discrete off is EFC 026.

Opinions welcome! Razz

You are right and there is a PDF file from Hitachi that was posted on their website that confirms it. So if any command will work it is those. They are only for fairly recently manufactured RPTV's, IIUC.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon! Wink

Thanks for answering. I have another question for you. Other than user error, is there any way that the power toggle in the Hitachi file in our TV folder would not work for snuffy, yet when he uses TV/0145 as a setup code it does work for him?
snuffy2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
If it didn't, the laws of the universe are coming apart. In that file, the discrete on is EFC 022 and discrete off is EFC 026.

Opinions welcome! Razz

OK well if the fate of the universe is at stake I guess I'll try the Hitachi File again and also try just using the EFCs of 022 & 026 again. Theres always a chance I messed something else up & if I may end life as we know it, I will definately try again.

But, it will take a week+ before I can try any new codes. I'm currently nowhere near the devices I'm trying to use so it'd be pretty hard to use the remote (unless it has a ~500 mile range).

Snuffy2
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Hi Jon! Wink
...I have another question for you. Other than user error, is there any way that the power toggle in the Hitachi file in our TV folder would not work for snuffy, yet when he uses TV/0145 as a setup code it does work for him?

Not that I can think of. I always recommend a save of the file in IR, do a 981 reset and try again. Particulaly in setting up a new remote, people including me, make a bunch of mistakes (forgetting to change remote type in a device upgrade) that can do strange things.

My experience suggests that these remotes are rock solid, predictable devices. We have some very good tools, that if not used correctly (which is easy to do) result in some very strange behavior. Sometimes correctly used in unanticipated situations results in the same thing.

The good news is a 981 reset clears the EEPROM (the only thing we can change with all of our tools). And we can try again Smile
snuffy2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well I'm only somewhat going crazy.

I tried the 0145 and the one in the files section and they both worked the same.

I guess it's just that the advanced type commands don't work with my TV.

The Discrete On, Discrete Off & the Video 1,2,3,4 commands don't work.

So, I guess everything will be OK with the world.

Thanks for all your help, but I did it a different way, I just plugged the TV into my receiver & I am using the Discretes for my Receiver to turn on & off both devices. Since I never use one without the other, it was an acceptable solution.

Thanx Again
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Discretet On Off Codes for Hitachi 70SBX74B Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Did you try this power toggle from that file? It should have worked. If it didn't, the laws of the universe are coming apart. In that file, the discrete on is EFC 022 and discrete off is EFC 026.

I know I am really new to this forum but do you think the advanced code listed for 0145 might be wrong? It would seem to make more sence to me that "ON" might be OBC 22 which is EFC 118 and "OFF" is OBC 26 which is EFC 247 instead of 22 and 26 being the EFC number. I dont see those OBC's or EFC's listed anywhere else so maybe try EFC 118 and 247?

OR am I way off base???

Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: