JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need help making a txt for marantz dp870 and OFA9800
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the IR file at yahoo, called it 00_Try_This_Marantz970.txt if you want to see if this works.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your file and you couldn't have read the protocol help page because every function was set up incorrectly. I just created a fixed version for you here: Marantz_DP_870key.txt then I noticed that Steve also created a fixed version and I believe his version should also work. The only deceptive part about Steve's version is that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th device codes are still filled in where they don't need to be.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just tried loading this upgrade into a URC-9800 and then learning the signals to another remote and they are definitely not RC-5 or RC-5x signals. I don't recall where we got the 740 version of this protocol from but it doesn't appear to be working.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

So what's your best guess on how long something like this takes to be updated? If you were David, would you buy an S3C8 remote like a wal-mart 8810w, or wait for the 740 RC5x protocol to be updated? Is this fix something you would do, or, (sung to the tune of "this is a job for superman") this is a job for JohnSFine!! Up, Up, and Away!! Whoosh!! Mr. Green
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, neither myself of John are going to be tackling this one. Jason is our resident 740 expert but MikeE also knows a thing or two about this language, so one of them is most likely to take a look at it.

I don't recall if the 740 version that we're using is an official UEI protocol or one that we put together ourselves.
David1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look at the files to see what I did wrong but does this mean I found a bug ?
So is this correct : You found that when building an upgrade file with KM using the RC5x that there is an error in the hex conversion and so the ir signal isn't being created correctly ?

I did buy a Rs 2117 and did a learn of some of the functions like vol+ , vol- as a xfer from my 9800. Would that info from the learn tab in ir be helpful to fixing the code ?
Thanks,
David
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David1 wrote:
I will look at the files to see what I did wrong but does this mean I found a bug ?
Yes. 98% of the time it is user error, and 2% of the time, it is a problem with the tools. Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. It is a bad protocol. Depending on how much time the talented people have to upgrade/fix/remodel the tools, some things get done quickly and others (like an 8811 extender/noop problem) get put on the back burner. (I wish I had some talent.) So you did nothing wrong. Kudos to Rob for having the high IQ and checking the learned codes to see if they were coming out RC5x, which they were not.
David1 wrote:
I did buy a RS 15-2117 and did a learn of some of the functions like vol+ , vol- as a xfer from my 9800. Would that info from the learn tab in ir be helpful to fixing the code?
Probably the people who know how to fix this have S3C8 remotes that generate the RC5x protocol correctly, so they probably do not need your learned codes. That 15-2117 is based on the S3C8 MCU so it can be programmed to do the RC5x/RC5 protocol with KM/IR as they stand now. I assume that is why you bought the 15-2117?
JP1Files
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I don't recall if the 740 version that we're using is an official UEI protocol or one that we put together ourselves.
I don't have any info on the source of this version ot the protocol either. It seems to be unique to KM. Maybe Jason knows?
usblipitor wrote:
David1 wrote:
I did buy a RS 15-2117 and did a learn of some of the functions like vol+ , vol- as a xfer from my 9800. Would that info from the learn tab in ir be helpful to fixing the code?
Probably the people who know how to fix this have S3C8 remotes that generate the RC5x protocol correctly, so they probably do not need your learned codes. That 15-2117 is based on the S3C8 MCU so it can be programmed to do the RC5x/RC5 protocol with KM/IR as they stand now. I assume that is why you bought the 15-2117?
What Steve is trying to say is that the upgrades Rob & Steve made for you would work in the 2117. Since the 2117 will also work with the 9800's RF base unit, you do have the option of using it instead of the 9800, at least until this problem is worked out.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Since the 2117 will also work with the 9800's RF base unit, you do have the option of using it instead of the 9800.
Doesn't the 2117 also come with its own RF base unit?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Since the 2117 will also work with the 9800's RF base unit, you do have the option of using it instead of the 9800.
Doesn't the 2117 also come with its own RF base unit?
Yes, so now he has two. 8)
David1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , thats been interesting, I will try the files in the 2117 later tonight and report back.
I did look at the fix of the km files and saw that you removed the second through fourth dev codes from the set up page ? Isn't that the whole point of the rc5x combo and the need for 2 bits?
Can I use both base stations at the same time to extend the coverage ?
David
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David1 wrote:
I did look at the fix of the km files and saw that you removed the second through fourth dev codes from the set up page ? Isn't that the whole point of the rc5x combo and the need for 2 bits?
I think what Rob meant was that the extra device codes were not applicable to your equipment, so there was no need to confuse others who might use your upgrade in the future by supplying extraneous information.
David1 wrote:
Can I use both base stations at the same time to extend the coverage ?
Yes and No. Confused
1) If any one piece of equipment will be able to see the IR transmissions from both base units at the same time, it may not be able to make sense of it because the two signals will interfere with each other.
2) If the two base units are very close to each other, the RF receivers may interfere with each other, resulting in reduced range.
David1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not that it should be much of a suprise but the repaired km files work great in the rs 2117.
You guys are the best!!!! But give me one small brownie point for helping to find the bug in the rc5x for 9800.

So now one more stupid question which I asked before but want to double check.
I want to add three upgrades, do I keep adding to the ir file using the add in the devices tab untill I have all the upgrades loaded into ir and then upload

or do I perform the upload three times each time adding one device?

thanks to everyone who helped make this moment possible
david
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David1 wrote:
I want to add three upgrades, do I keep adding to the ir file using the add in the devices tab untill I have all the upgrades loaded into ir and then upload

or do I perform the upload three times each time adding one device?

You can do it either way. When you upload, IR writes the ENTIRE EEPROM contents to the remote, so it doesn't matter one way or the other. You might want to save the IR file prior to uploading just in case.
David1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys rock!!!!
this is so cool, I just uploaded three devices to my remote now need to find the rest of my gear, off to search for files
thanks again
david
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: