JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sorry for the outtage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Well I sure missed this site while it was down! I found more problems this morning. A lot of the links on this page http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/ are dead.

I found out how to turn on "Directory Level Browsing", so you should be able to drill down into those folders now.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I found out how to turn on "Directory Level Browsing", so you should be able to drill down into those folders now.

That must account for the change in googling this site. After the change over, my google search wouldn't work, and today I tried it and got pages and pages of topics. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak to Google as I don't know what's up with that. Also, while this site was on the cpanel server I had a much smaller disk allocation, so I had to move a lot of files over to my rockabilly.net domain, but the new vdeck server has a much larger allocation, so I copied them all back again. Google might get confused about that, but the files still exist on rockabilly.net so it probably doesn't matter.

As soon as I find the time to re-create the forum on my godaddy server, which is where my rockabilly site is, I will move the hifi-remote.com domain over there too, so I might have to block access to the forum at some point while I backup the databases and copy them.

The godaddy server doesn't allow directory level browsing, so I'll need to figure something out for the files directory at that time.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print button
The Robman wrote:
It is possible that that has never worked as I've never used it, it's a mod that Lucy added.

I've used it often. Even when there's no printer.
The only time it invariably fails is on a very current message.
Other times, it just displays plain text, quite well.

On current message, this very thread for instance, seconds after I posted, you get something like this
Quote:
Template->loadfile(): No file specified for handle qrbody

No problem really, it makes sense, I think.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have deleted the printer-friendly button from the 'view topic' template as it's obviously not working.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Boy!
Rob, my message was that it IS WORKING with just one exception, i.e. no change from when you were on previous servers.
Sorry for miscommunication.
Please bring it back!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you ay have seen the "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later." message today. That message shows up when you turn the forum off in the admin control panel, the only thing is, I didn't do it, so I don't know what caused it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: