JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8910/9910 Extender RDF Discrepancy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DGG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: 8910/9910 Extender RDF Discrepancy Reply with quote

I have just extended my 8911 - with some difficulty (of my own making). However, since what I did seemed reasonable, I thought I should make others aware of the potential problem.

When I downloaded the extender files from Yahoo, I noticed that the date on the extender RDF file [CPT0CPx1 (URC-9910_8910 Extender 1).rdf] was earlier than the date of the corresponding file in the collection of RDFs released on 11/28/2003, and of IR4. So, I used the later-dated file. NOT A GOOD IDEA. (I know, the extender install.txt file didn't say to check for a later-dated file. But, ...)

In the later-dated file, the button definitions of DEV-AUD and DEV_AUX are reversed; DEV_AUD should preceed DEV_AUX - as it does in the earlier-dated RDF file that came with the extender - to correspond with the order of the device buttons. As well, in the earlier file, DEV_AUD is renamed DEV_RCVR - presumably to avoid such typos and to introduce consistency with the relabelling of the RCVR/AMP button to just RCVR. Indeed, from a comparison of the two files, it would appear that the that the earlier-dated file i.e., the one in the extender "package", is, in fact, the later version.

Until the RDF in the RDF database is updated, it might be a good idea to include a warning in the extender install.txt file against doing what I did.

Now that my devices are all at least reponding to their macros, its time to work on the timing of those macros.

Hope you're all having as much fun this holiday season as I am. This is a great way to learn.
Don
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: 8910/9910 Extender RDF Discrepancy Reply with quote

DGG wrote:

In the later-dated file, the button definitions of DEV-AUD and DEV_AUX are reversed; DEV_AUD should preceed DEV_AUX - as it does in the earlier-dated RDF file that came with the extender - to correspond with the order of the device buttons. As well, in the earlier file, DEV_AUD is renamed DEV_RCVR - presumably to avoid such typos and to introduce consistency with the relabelling of the RCVR/AMP button to just RCVR. Indeed, from a comparison of the two files, it would appear that the that the earlier-dated file i.e., the one in the extender "package", is, in fact, the later version.

Until the RDF in the RDF database is updated, it might be a good idea to include a warning in the extender install.txt file against doing what I did.
Don

I am surprised that no one noticed this earlier. I would guess the typo was on my part when I was updating the RDF for the latest IR and RM a long time ago. I have fixed it and will post it with the next release of RDF's. I believe it was changed to RCVR to reflect the primary name on the button so I will also make it RCVR instead of AMP.

Thanks
DGG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils, your updated RDF probably became the latest version of the RDF only with the mid-December global update of the RDF database. Prior to that, the version included in the extender "package" was probably the latest, and it doesn't have the typo. Hence, the situation likely only existed for a few days before I "stumbled" on it.

Thanks for the prompt action,
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: