JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learned codes from urc-8811 to urc-6131

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnParks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Learned codes from urc-8811 to urc-6131 Reply with quote

Learned my volume up/dn keys so they would repete when held down. Is there a simple way a clueless newbee could get this transfere done? Thanks in advance.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

The easy answer is that you probably cannot transfer it directly from one remote to the other. What devices are you trying to control? Perhaps we can guide you through a keymove or two using existing 6131 protocols.

Have you left a post over at remotecentral.com?

Do you have a JP1 cable? If so, can you interrogate the learning remote to see what the protocol is on the learned keys? That would also be helpful.

Good Luck!

Question to the group: if the 6131 does not have an eeprom, and you do a keymove, where is this keymove stored? It says in the 6131 manual it natively does keymoves, but I always thought keymoves, upgrades, macros, and jp1-created-protocols all live on the eeprom. I'm guessing ROM, but this seems quite different from, say, a 8811. Where has my thinking gone astray?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Question to the group: if the 6131 does not have an eeprom, and you do a keymove, where is this keymove stored? It says in the 6131 manual it natively does keymoves, but I always thought keymoves, upgrades, macros, and jp1-created-protocols all live on the eeprom. I'm guessing ROM, but this seems quite different from, say, a 8811. Where has my thinking gone astray?
It stores them in RAM (it has ROM, RAM and, optionally, EEPROM storage devices). If the remote has an EEPROM, a copy is also saved there permanently. The remote's memory will be history if the RAM ever loses it's source of voltage. This could happen with batteries out/dead and pressing a button on the remote to discharge the capacitors. If there's an EEPROM, the remote can (and does) just reload it's RAM from the EEPROM to recover from such an event. It does the same thing after an upload or download via the JP1 cable when you see the two blinks (or other reset indication).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: