JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apex ad660 code question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carwarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Apex ad660 code question. Reply with quote

OK, I have a 15-2117 remote that has a 0755 code in it that will work my apex ad660 dvd player. I also have a 8810w that does not have that code in it. Is there a way to get the built in code out of the 2117 (or a list of the codes online?) so I can program it into the 8810?

I know I can learn the 2117 with the 8810 and do it that way, and I also know there is an apex upgrade on the yahoo files section and that does work, but lets say that file was not there and I did not have a learning remote. How would I go about it then? It just seems as since UEI has already went through the trouble of creating the code on one remote, it would be easy to get it off and onto another. But then I am only a lowly electronic tech. and not a fancy engineer for a big remote company, so what do I know. hehe Laughing

Part 2. The 15-2117 has a setup code in the manual for a Pioneer laser disc player of 0059. But when I attempt to enter this code into the remote(not using JP1 of course) it just gives me a "not found". Anyone ever seen this before? Anyone want to try it on their 2117? I tried a MFR Reset and still no go.

P.S. Did I even post this in the right Forum???

Thanks
Mitch
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Apex ad660 code question. Reply with quote

Mitch,

Well, you have a JP1 cable, so I like you already. Smile

Carwarr wrote:
Is there a way to get the built in code out of the 2117 so I can program it into the 8810?
Don't we all wish. But JP1 only allows us to access the eeprom, not the built-in memory that holds the pre-built set up codes that you are talking about. Hey Rob, what is that other memory called? Is it RAM, ROM, flash.. ?

Carwarr wrote:
The 15-2117 manual has a setup code for a Pioneer laser disc player of 0059, but when I enter this code into the remote it just gives me "not found".
If you do a complete reset, I think you can wipe out some setup codes. This is why they do not explain in the book how to do a complete reset, only the "980" reset. I think.

Carwarr wrote:
Did I post this in the right forum
I think so, but what the heck do I know. Smile

Good Luck,
JP1Files
Carwarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Mfr reset can remove some of the built in codes??? That is scary. I doubt that is true due to the origional codes being stored in ROM (lets call it that).
Unless they(UEI) decided to add a couple of codes into EEPROM before they shipped it and I would think I would have seen that when I did my download. Anyway, that didn't help anyway, so it does not matter I guess.

Mitch
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Apex ad660 code question. Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Don't we all wish. But JP1 only allows us to access the eeprom, not the built-in memory that holds the pre-built set up codes that you are talking about. Hey Rob, what is that other memory called? Is it RAM, ROM, flash.. ?
It's called ROM by engineers. UEI's lawyers would call it "Intellectual Property". Surprised
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
I Mfr reset can remove some of the built in codes??? That is scary. I doubt that is true due to the origional codes being stored in ROM (lets call it that)
The full Mfr reset will reset the setup codes assigned to each button to some default values, so you would lose your settings there. It would also effectively erase any upgrades, macros & keymoves in the EEPROM. Not to worry, there's not much the remote can do to alter it's ROM that wouldn't also be catastrophic for the remote itself! Smile
Carwarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well I figured out why I could not get the 0059 setup code to take on the 15-2117. I didn't realise the 2117 had 15 seperate setup catagories. I thought the 0059 code would work on the dvd button which I thought was actually a sub catagory of the VCR catagory. I found out there was a LDP catagory, programmed a device button to be LDP and entered the 0059 code just fine. It did not control my older Laser player, so I am back to the drawing board.

I have been playing with my 8810w so much that I didn't realize how different this darn LCD remotes really are.

If anyone knows any other Pioneer Laser codes I should try, let me know.
0023 and 0059 are a no go.

Thanks
Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: