JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox-PL remote for Philips Tuner RC-5/5x, Code 1116,1296

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Slingbox-PL remote for Philips Tuner RC-5/5x, Code 1116,1296 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Philips made Tape,CD,Tuner deck that I want to hook up to my Slingbox-Classic (PL Remote). I dont know the device type/sub type. A label at the back of the remote says - "RC2517/01", I searched for this type, but nothing helpful emerged.

I have done the following,
1. Used my Marantz RC1400 learning remote to determine which codes the device responds to and it seems to understand Code 1116(Aiwa) and Code 1296(Philips). http://us.marantz.com/DFU_RC1400_Setup_code_Final.pdf
In other posts on this forum, I learnt that the "offset" to use with Marantz codes was 27, which gives me setup codes 1269(1296-27) and 1089(1116-27)

2. Looked it up in devices.xls and it turns out that it's protocol RC-5/5x Combo
3. Fired up Remote Master and tried building JU and PL bin files using setup code 1089, device code 115 and sub device codes 16 20 5 12,using some dummy EFC codes(as I dont know the real ones) and protocol RC-5/5x. I cannot use RM for setup code 1269 since devices.xls doesnt list device type and sub-type(anybody with a 6131, willing to help?)

Now, the problem is that Slingbox refuses to load the bin file generated like this. It fails at the stage where it says - "Updating IR codes..." with Error code 0x93260001

I urge the experts here to let me know what the problem could be. It could be with the device/sub-device code or the efc codes or other nuances that I dont know of.
I have previously generated slingbox bin files for another device using RM and hence know the procedure fairly well, please guide me.

Thank you very much.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slingbox error 0x93260001 can be from a setup code number conflict with an existing built-in device setup or the exported BIN file is too big.

The slingbox PL seems to have Tuner/1189 built-in that may work with your tuner as it seems to have subdevices for your first 3(16,20,5).
Slingbox JU seems to have TUner/1089 and Tuner/1189 which appear to be the same except for different keys mapped.
Built-in Tuner/1269 exists on both and seems to use a subdev of 31.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Binky.
Do you know what are the codes/ Device names that I should use in my SB? - I tried codes such as C1269,C1089,R1269 and R1089, but they dont seem to work.
But according to you and devices.xls, these codes are built-in, so they should work. Probably it needs to be referenced using a particular device brand and remote type?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Slingbox itself. In the RDF, there seems to be 11 types and Tuner is type 7. I'm not sure how that translates into devices and device types on the slingbox virtual remote.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whompus/johnsfine anyone to the rescue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: