JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Combined SlingPlayer remotes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minghia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Combined SlingPlayer remotes? Reply with quote

Hi,

I currently own a Slingbox A/V unit.

I was able to get my RCA A/V VH920 Source Selector to work in SlingPlayer using The Robman's IR upgrade file. So now in SlingPlayer, I can select between various sources by sending the RCA source selector unit an IR code.

My question is whether there is a way to quickly switch remotes in SlingPlayer without having to go through the "Audio/Video Setup" in the Slingbox Configuration (and avoid having to press Next, selecting the brand, the device, etc.). I know this would belong more in the SlingCommunity forum but nobody there seems to have a method of doing this. Perhaps somebody in this forum was able to get this done.

Basically, I would like the ability to easily and quickly switch between 3 remotes: the RCA A/V selector (which currently uses the "Set-Top-Box Remote (Basic)" layout, a DirecTivo remote and a Dish Network 301 remote. Is this feasible?

If the above is not feasible, is it possible for me to build my own "Franken-Remote" that shows the 3 remotes side-by-side at the same time and get all the codes to work as they normally would? (even though these remotes use different protocols). Using The Robman's RCA VH920 codes and say codes for a Dish Network receiver, would I then be able to import those codes into RM and export a binary file that I can use with SlingPlayer? Is it possible to combine different IR protocols into 1 SlingBox remote?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be easier if Slingbox added this feature into their virtual remote software rather than doing some special device multiplexor protocol.
joe_candle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have slingbox AV.

If you have the Slingbox Pro, it has 4 different sources of video. So you can just load the other remote (RCA) on another unused video source.

You then switch video source in Slingplayer, in menu "Slingbox / Video input". This loads automatically the RCA remote. You can then send the signal you want and return to the original video source with original remote with Slingplayer same menu "Slingbox / Video input"

Maybe this works also in Slingbox AV?

Not ideal, but better than your current solution.

Joe
minghia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of the Pro's multiple inputs, however I'm trying to resolve this for a slingplayer with 1 input....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: