JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to program remote to handle two tivos in same room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: How to program remote to handle two tivos in same room Reply with quote

I have a URC 6131 with jp1. I am trying to control two tivos in one room. I have a directivo and a standalone tivo. I have configured the directivo to channel 1 and the standalone tivo on channel 2. I am using code 1142 for the directivo and 0618 for the standalone on my remote. Both these codes control both tivos. In JP1, how do you specify channel 1 and channel 2?
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via the unit code. Take your upgrades and set the unit code in KM to 1 for your directivo and to 2 for the standalone.

Uwe
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing this with a 6131 is a little trickier than many other JP1 remotes, but not abog deal. For technical reasons, you'll need to install Extender 1 for the URC-6131 (available as 6131ex1.zip in the Files > Extenders > URC-6131 folder at the Yahoo JP1 group.)

You'll need either KeymapMaster ( keymap-master.zip in Files > 2. Tools, it requires Microsoft Excel) or RemoteMaster (see the installation instructions for its requirements, which are available as a free downloads, and how to install it.)

If you use KeymapMaster, you'll need the "Hughes-HDVR2.txt" file from the Files > 3. Device Codes > PVR folder. Use the Load button to load the device upgrade. Change the remote to "URC-6131 PVR Extender". Switch to the buttons sheet and check that you are happy with the function to button assignments.

If you use RemoteMaster, you'll need the URC6131_TiVo.rmdu file in the Files > 4. RM Upgrade Files > PVR folder. Once you've downloaded it, just double-click on it.

You are going to create 2 different device upgrades, one using unit code 1, and the other unit code 2. Each must have a different setup code. You could use 0619 and 1143 if you like.

Copy the device upgrades into IR (you only need to copy the protocol once).

If you get stuck, we can help more.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you need an extender to do this? Apart from the URC-6131 using a different format for keymoves, it works the same as any other JP1 remote.

he should be able to create upgrades in the regular fashion using either KM or RM, and just set the unit code to the appropiate value.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I asked the same question in a tivo forum and somebody sent me a file that contained the necessary upgrades. I believe this solution is the same that "The Robman" suggested and it appears to be working fine. Thanks for the help.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Why do you need an extender to do this? Apart from the URC-6131 using a different format for keymoves, it works the same as any other JP1 remote.

he should be able to create upgrades in the regular fashion using either KM or RM, and just set the unit code to the appropiate value.

I guess an extender isn't strictly required for this, but if he ends up doing any keymoves, he'll need the extender to do them using IR.

Anyway, I'll grab the upgrade file from TiVoCommunity, and put it up in the files section on JP1 Yahoo.
Edit: Never mind, it's already there.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: