JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with rc5 protocol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Need help with rc5 protocol. Reply with quote

I bought my kids a stereo for their christmas present and it has a remote that uses rc5. I had to build a new code for the 2104 they have for the tv vcr combo I got them also. I had no problems with that.

The rc5 is kicking my butt. I read the section in the keymap master on the rc5 protocol. Anyhow here is my problem. I used the 2104 to learn the boombox remote. The protocol is rc5 as stated before. IR shows the device code as 16, 17, 20, 21, 22. It is incredible. the remote barely has 30 buttons and a couple are kind of duplicated. Is there any way I can make a single code do all the functions this thing has. I have like 3 buttons I havent' learned yet but I only see one so far that has an obc higher than 63. I have like 5 buttons that use obc 63 and each of the protocol #'s listed above.

What is my best course of action.

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One choice is the "RC-5/5x Combo" protocol.

Another is to put three of the device numbers in one upgrade and use KeyMoves for the rest. A 15-2104 has a decent selection of built-in setup codes on which to base KeyMoves.

Amp/0269 is device 16, device 21 and the high half of device 16.
Tuner/0189 is device 17, device 16 and the high half of device 17.

There are several other setup codes also containing some of the above five half devices, but not for any other half device from your set of five devices.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a PITA.

Thanks for the reply. At least I have the software and know how between everyone here and myself to do it. Right now I am working on the keymoves. I haven't looked into the combo yet. Probobly won't either, unless I run into problems when I upload it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: