JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona wrote:
Robman, that is how the remote is programmed. When I did the upgrade and loaded into the remote, it cancelled the other codes.

The first step that everybody does before adding upgrades is to download the remote's current memory. I'm guessing that you didn't do this, that's why your data load cancelled out all the other codes on the device buttons.

Corona wrote:
I was playing with the remote tonight and observed the following buttoms do not turn on the red light when pressed. The buttons are programmed, maybe the remote is bad.
Inop: Guide, Rt ->, Exit, Info, Vol+, Enter, Play, Rec, and the No 7.

You may be right. Just to be sure, could you please do a full MFR RESET on the remote and then test those buttons again. If they're still bad, return the remote to me and I'll replace it.
Corona

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first step that everybody does before adding upgrades is to download the remote's current memory. I'm guessing that you didn't do this, that's why your data load cancelled out all the other codes on the device buttons.

I did save the original settings, just didn't figure they were necessary to make my upgrade work. I only wanted the remote for fixing my DVR problem.

Quote:
You may be right. Just to be sure, could you please do a full MFR RESET on the remote and then test those buttons again. If they're still bad, return the remote to me and I'll replace it.

I did the full MFR RESET, same problem exists with the buttons I mentioned. I will send it to you and you can check it out.

Thanks,

Corona
Corona

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success!!!!! Received the replacement remote from Robman today, following all the procedures learned here, I programmed it with the Service Remote GGF1381 file and it works perfectly. My DVR now has a new hard disk and is up and running. Thanks to all and especially Robman for getting the replacement to me so quickly. Trying to program a faulty remote is indeed frustrating Very Happy

Corona
joedaring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all...

It has been interesting to follow this thread, and thanks to all that have contributed...

I'll soon have to do the same upgrade to my 530H recorder, and all the info contained in the links, along with Corona's success report, will be of great help Smile

This Forum gets everyday more interesting, thanks!

Joe
keithec

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman, I have a Pioneer DVR-510H, I need a functional Pioneer Service Remote Control and the Service DVD. Do you have anything that could help me? Please email me at keithsigr@yahoo.com, thanks.
keithec

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Purchased a 8810, waiting for the Pioneer Service DVD GGV117 Reply with quote

I just purchased the 8810, does anyone have instructions on how to convert this over as a Pioneer Service Remote Control for a Pioneer DVR-510H?

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Purchased a 8810, waiting for the Pioneer Service DVD GG Reply with quote

keithec wrote:
I just purchased the 8810, does anyone have instructions on how to convert this over as a Pioneer Service Remote Control for a Pioneer DVR-510H?

Do you also have a JP1 cable? (I don't want to search this or other threads for info on that device upgrade if you won't be able to use it anyway for lack of a cable).
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) You need a JP1 cable (build your own or buy one);
(2) You need to read the Beginner's Read This First sticky post and download the various software tools discussed therein (IR.exe, KeymapMaster OR RemoteMaster, RDF.zip, maps and images zip file (for RemoteMaster only), decodeIR.dll) and learn how to use them;
(3) You need to download the Pioneer DVR Service Remote upgrade and modify it (for YOUR remote) using either Keymap Master or Remote Master, copy the resultant output into IR, and upload that into your remote.

At THAT point, your remote will be able to emulate the Pioneer Service remote.

I don't know where you get hold of one of the CD's required to accomplish the HD replacement, however.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
keithec

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have the Pioneer Service DVD, a "One For All Model #8910 that has been converted as jp1, and the jp1 usb cable to program the remote control as a Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381.

Now, I have attempted to follow this forum, trying to program the 8910 as a service remote to no avail. Anyone out there in this forum care to provide this service for me? I'd like to repair my Pioneer DVR-510H but really, really need this remote as a service remote to do so.

Please send me an email at keithsigr@yahoo.com or keithecap@yahoo.com if you can perform this service for me. Thank you.

When I attempt to program the remote with the txt file I get the following error message: "Invalid character in input.". Help please....
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should follow Capn Trips's links.

The Upgrade .TXT file is read in by KeymapMaster(KM) or RemoteMaster(RM) and then you change which JP1 remote type you have. You then take the Device Upgrade (and maybe Device Protocol) and copy that into IR.exe. After that, use IR.exe to upload your upgrades into the remote.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you doing with that txt file?

Have you downloaded the Keymap-Master spreadsheet?

Have you enabled macros is Excel?

Have you used the "LOAD" button in KM to load that txt file?

Have you changed the remote control model to YOUR model?

Have you downloaded IR.exe?

Have you opened IR.exe?

Have you selected your remote type (File>New) in IR?

Have you copied and pasted the required upgrade data from KM into the appropriate tabs in IR?

Have you uploaded this to your remote from IR?

From what you have described, we cannot tell if you have done ANY of those steps that are pretty clearly described in the documents that you have been pointed to.

Tell us which step(s) isn't working, and upload and provide links to files you are dealing with, and perhaps somebody can provide you with more useful answers.

(and asking the same question in different parts of the same forum isn't usually particularly helpful.)

I'm also curious as to what "conversion" has been done to the 8910, sionce they are JP1-ready out of the factory, and I have never heard of any "conversion" of this remote.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
keithec

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm new to this hobby, in fact I really wasn't searching for a JP1 hobby, just searching for a means to fix my Pioneer DVR-510h PVR. Yes, I have made many mistakes in the attempt to reprogram my remote.

My apologies for posting my absurd questions in the many forums here, just frustrated that the PVR that I paid several hundreds of dollars for no longer works and Pioneer wants to make their customers jump through hoops to get the thing repaired.

If anyone out there wants to produce a good, working file that I need for the remote I'll gladly pay them $10 through a PayPal account. Capn Trips, your outline just recently was very well written, I'm still not getting the hang of it though. Thank you for your advise, though my focus is on college term papers thus the need to record shows for later viewing.

Please feel free to contact me here or at my email address if you prefer:

keithsigr@yahoo.com

Thanks again.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithec wrote:
If anyone out there wants to produce a good, working file...
I make no guarantee that this will work, but here goes...

Upgrade for the 8810:
Upgrade Code 0 = 17 D0 (DVD/2000) Pioneer service remote GGF1381
E2 00 81 EA 00 05 AD 5D 97 BD 00 00 00 00
End

Upgrade for the 8910:
Upgrade Code 0 = 27 D0 (DVD/2000) Pioneer service remote GGF1381
E2 00 81 EA 00 05 AD 5D 97 BD 00 00 00 00
End

You mentioned BOTH remote models so choose the appropriate one. They both contain ONLY the functions referenced in the instructions below.

Select ALL the red text and copy it.

Open IR, connect the remote, and download it into IR.

Go to the Devices tab, click Add, and paste in the upgrade code.

Go to the General tab and set the DVD button to DVD/2000

Save the IR file.

Upload to the remote.

Here's the instructions from the referenced upgrade file. The red numbers in "( )" correspond to the buttons on the 8x10 remote where the functions are assigned (note that the upgrade states it's for the DVR-520HS, not the 510):

Quote:
See the following threads for more info:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4239
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253998
http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive144-2005-6-200981.html

DVR-520HS Hacking instructions…
1. Change the HD, then power ON the DVR-520HS using the original remote (ignore error msg)
2. Press ESC (1), STEREO (2), make note of 9-digit CPRM ID, press CLEAR (3)
3. Press ESC (1), STEREO (2), input 9-digit CPRM ID, press STOP (4)
4. Press ESC (1), STEREO (2), input 9-digit CPRM ID, press SEARCH (5)
5. Display reads "INSERT ID". Open tray, insert ID disc, close tray.
6. When display reads "ID DATA OK", press CLEAR (3).
7. Power unit off, then on again using the original remote.
8. Go to SETUP menu (original remote) and initialize drive.

Note: the 9-digit CPRM ID mentioned in steps 2 thru 4 displays on
the units LED display, not the TV screen.

The "ID disc" is Pioneer part number #GGV1179 which is
available from http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: