JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is my new Denon remote actually JP1/1x?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garypen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Is my new Denon remote actually JP1/1x? Reply with quote

the remote that came with my new Denon 3808 looks kinda like a Kameleon model. And, when I remove the battery door, I see a plce that looks like a 6-pin connector can be soldered on. And, there is a sticker in the battery compartment that says URC-1022BJ0-001-R.

Those things tell me that this just might be JP1/1x capable. Is there any way for one of the honchos here to ask somemone at OFA if they make the new Denon remotes, and if they are upgradable to JP1 by adding a connector?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably easiest if you open up the remote and examine its innards - post pics of the PCB if you can - and based upon the procesor type, the guys here are likely to be able to tell you whether it's a JP1-able remote.

Odds are from your description that it COULD be, since the nomenclature is standard UEIC nomenclature for remotes.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
IBNobody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Is my new Denon remote actually JP1/1x? Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
the remote that came with my new Denon 3808 looks kinda like a Kameleon model. And, when I remove the battery door, I see a plce that looks like a 6-pin connector can be soldered on. And, there is a sticker in the battery compartment that says URC-1022BJ0-001-R.

Those things tell me that this just might be JP1/1x capable. Is there any way for one of the honchos here to ask somemone at OFA if they make the new Denon remotes, and if they are upgradable to JP1 by adding a connector?

Is your Denon a AVR-3808CI?

If so, it looks like it may be JP1.X compatible. BUT! The thing uses 5-digit setup codes. I don't think any of the other JP remotes use 5-digit codes. That could be a real problem, as all of the software you'd need to use is set up for 4-digit codes.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the programing instructions and some of the remote codes in the PDFs it sure looks like a JP1 remote. Since it looks like an update version of the 6690 I'd guess a jp1.2 or jp1.3 remote.

You can probably get it communicating via jp1 by adding the pins but since this is a new remote your going to have to work with the experts to get a RDF made and figure out other things.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Is my new Denon remote actually JP1/1x? Reply with quote

IBNobody wrote:
BUT! The thing uses 5-digit setup codes. I don't think any of the other JP remotes use 5-digit codes.
The Radio Shack 15-100 also uses 5-digit setup codes, so that may not be an issue. In the case of the Radio Shack remote, the first digit is a device-type and the remaining four digits are normal setup codes. For example, TV/0000 is entered as setup code 10000 on the remote. Internally, the setup codes are stored in the same manner as other JP1 remotes.
garypen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is definitely a similarity to the codes. For instance, on the Denon, its 00250 for a Panasonic TV. On a JP1, it's 0250. For a Motorola cable box, 00476 vs. 0476. I think we may have something here.

If I could custom program this thing, it won't be a bad universal remote. Otherwise, I'll have to relegate it as a receiver-only remote, and continue to use my 8820 as my universal.
IBNobody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
If I could custom program this thing, it won't be a bad universal remote. Otherwise, I'll have to relegate it as a receiver-only remote, and continue to use my 8820 as my universal.

Then what you need to do is pop open the hood and take pictures.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use SET-983 to blink back the signature. Also the Vizio remotes are UEI remotes that have 6 pads on them. You can take some resistor leads wire and bend it into an L shape and solder these on to the pads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: