JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR keyboard (airboard) question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrichard2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: IR keyboard (airboard) question Reply with quote

wow! I received my JP1 last week and have spent hours configuring my new 6131 remote. this stuff is way cool!! now onto my question....I downloaded the airboard KM file (Airboard-KM-All Commands.txt) and have successfully configured my remote. Problem is that there are no right or left arrow functions in the file (or "=").

Can someone tell me why this is and how I can get these functions?

thanks!
jeff
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

Learn the commands by a tap on the key (don't hold it down as you usually would), save the file in IR and post the results in the diagnosis area in the files section at the old JP1 Yahoo site.

Let us know when you have done that here, and I'll take a look. The decoder should decode it correctly and you really only need the down command. But all that may not be obvious at first.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

I just looked at the KM Master device/protocol upgrade file posted for Airboard and it does have the R/L arrow keys assigned to the R/L arrow buttons (OBC's 010 and 028). Are you sure you selected the 6131 as the remote type? It is possible that the keys are wrong but also possible that they are getting mapped to the wrong keys. Try assigning them in the buttons tab to different keys to test. The "=" OBC 094 is also listed there.
jrichard2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right! I was confused by the function definition stating "<" and ">"...thought this was the actual "less than" and "greater than" keys. I guess if I took the time to look at freaking keyboard I would have remebered these are shifted "," and ".".

thanks for all your help.

jeff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: