JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Archos 700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaimes0812

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Archos 700 Reply with quote

I finally got it all figured out how to add a new code to control my Archos 700. Note: this will also control the 700E. Once I had RM setup and running...here are some hints that will hopefully will save someone else some time.

Download the RM file for Archos AV700 at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3764, which uses NEC1 protocol and device number of 65 (sub device: 69). [Compliments of
vkkhoa]

Select 'File' and 'Open', select rmdu file to open in RM.

To determine which item to select in the 'Remote' dropdown list, refer to the sling media directory on your PC: (C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV). I selected 'Slingbox with UEI PL Chip' because I have the 'SBAV-PL' files.

You can pick your own number (the "setup" tab) for the upgrade but keep it under 2048 [compliments of zaphod7501].

On the setup tab, I changed the Device Type to SAT. Then on the Advanced item on the tool bar, select 'Export Binary Upgrade...'. Export the BIN file, mine was named 'S2006_PL.bin'.

Make sure the .bin starts with C, D, S, V, or Y. [compliments of zaphod7501].

When setting up your Archos to be controlled by your Slingbox, select the following options when selecting a device for the Slingbox input; Select 'Misc Device'. Select 'Other (not in the list)' for the device. In the 'Alternative code', enter 'S2006'. This is the same name as the BIN file created minus the '_PL'. Test the power.

Once launched, on the SlingRemote, select 'Remote', then 'Misc', then 'Input'. Input will send the command for TV/LCD on the Archos 700.

I would love to share the BIN file I created, if I could only find the place where we could share them again.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimes0812 wrote:

I would love to share the BIN file I created, if I could only find the place where we could share them again.

Go to this link: Slingbox Binary Files

and use the "Upload" button Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: