JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to tune up a hitachi 50ux7k

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astampfel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: how to tune up a hitachi 50ux7k Reply with quote

i recently bought a second hand hitachi projection TV. How can I tune it up so the colors are true to life. It works, and the screen is the correct size, but it may be a little dull and red.

Andrew
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially, you might want to try going through the THX setup programs found on many DVDs. Almost anything with a THX logo will have it. You can usually find the logo on a menu screen and it can be hi-lighted. This is a no cost rough setup.

The red tint may be intentional. Do a search for "red push". The THX setup will show whether it is a grayscale or red push issue. Red push will show up when color is present but not on a pure black and white image, which is used for grayscale adjustment.

You might want to dust off the lenses, too. They can be reached by removing the lower rear cabinet cover.

If the basic setup is not sufficient, then you would need to delve into mechanical G2/Screen adjustments and service menus. I would suggest looking through the RPTV section on the AVS forum for more specific suggestions. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Personally, I would limit myself to Menu settings and possibly G2/Screen adjustments. Many of the service menu settings are not documented by the factory but the ISF technicians have developed patterns of adjustment for them (and charge several hundred $) You might find this thread interesting too. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=695922
astampfel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I'll try to do the simple menu stuff first like you said. Wish me luck!!!!!

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: